1 (edited by JoJo McNugget 2012-03-21 20:07:19)

Topic: 1 Person

So i went for a walk around new virginia and saw one person on my travels and 66 people in chat so maybe 100 people on all together. It kind of makes me sad, i really like this game and have been here from the start with 2 accounts, but i really think the game is failing.

The problem i see with games like this ( you might think very differently but this is my take on it ) is that pvp driven games just don't seem to work so well, you only have to look at all the pve games out there with game driven content, and missions are the order of the day, they are thriving. With millions of subs in some cases.

Even eve which has been going going for nearly 10 years never really took of like the others, if you look at the map there most players are in high sec and its always been like that, you cannot force people to go to low sec, or in this case onto beta no matter what the rewards are. We can have all the island you want to give us but it wont fetch more people in, and more people is what we need.

People dont want to lose there billion isk ships to other players when they are jumped and stand no chance, same here i dont want to lose my mk2 gropho and all its t4 kit to a fight where i am vastly out numbered and stand no chance, i can replace it many times over, but thats not the point. I don't mind losing mechs i have lost a few along the way but when i lost them i stood a chance of winning, but being jumped by 5 to 10 people and not being able to do anything but watch a mech die is not fun to me.

You will all comment about join a corp play with others and you are right i should and have done in other games, but I wanted to go alone for a while in here and have enjoyed myself with what i have done, but then again there is hardly anyone around to do that with now.

I want the game to survive but i have my doubts and i hope it does, but I think the game needs to have a lot bigger pve part to it and almost have pvp as a side line not the other way around, if you get people into the game with lots of story line features and missions then give the option to pvp i think more would come and try it out. As the game stands the missions really are terrible with no direction and the pvp side seems to have no goals.

This account runs out in a month or so and will still be loging in every now and then, my other run out in about 5 days and i am sorry to say i wont renew them. I will still read the forums and i hope things change and i wish the developers all the best for the future as this game has the potential to go far.

You may not agree with what i have said, and thats fine, these are just my views.

2 (edited by Inda 2012-03-21 20:24:02)

Re: 1 Person

+1 for your post

My idea:
After PBS, Terraforming system is out the Developers need to ask themselves what they would like; small scale game (like now) or will got a chance to increase if they choose the 2nd I think there is only 1 way more interesting PVE content and more because Jojo said and I also in the past PVE games still have many million players others dont.

I think Perpetuum can make a fairly new PVE system to MMO market with Sandboxish style.

I HAVE a question for you Jojo McNugget can you tell why you have played the game so long? And what is different for other PVE games if you played any? Seems like you are one of who played the game alone and liked it, I ask because I see Perpetuum in this level is nearly nothing, maybe you can play 1-3 mounth good but after this will be boring.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Hi Inda

My first pve game was earth and beyond, was a great game and made some good friends there, but EA bought it from westwood (the people who made command and conquer) and brought it to its knees, i played that for around 3 years i think. Never liked the fantasy games much as i prefer the sci fi games, tried wow etc but never got into them, also tried STO wasn't too bad. Also played eve for 6 years i know its more a pvp game but had some good corps while there and the missions although repetitive were fun in groups especially taking the newbs into lvl 4 missons.

The reason i have stayed here so long i think is i had a combat and industrial/miner account which supported each other quite well, i have built and sold stuff mined and sold minerals etc. In the begining there were more people to chat with and although i played in my own corp i chatted to people and helped a few out in missions and with stuff, i think the last 3 or 4 month i have really been on auto pilot doing, mining and ratting. I set myself some goals like mining 100 million units of ore and harvesting 50 million units of helioptris lol I also ventured onto beta and did a bit of ninja mining but it didnt give me the buzz i thought it might as the amount of people was dropping and the chance to be caught wasn't as high.

Side A: Give us more PVP
Side B: Give us more PVE

In the Middle: Devs trying to balance releases between getting more PVE and more PVP features out.

Result: Slow develeopment of both PVE and PVP and neither group is satsified.

Perp is an ambitious project. Given enough time it will reach a stage where both PVE and PVP are good enough to attract and retain players. In the mean time, some players will move on, others may stay. The game itself will continue to develop until AC stops developing it, THEN it will be dead.

As I've mentioned before, there's a good chance that the bulk of players from beta and after release, won't be part of Perp when it takes off. New players and corps, without all the baggage, will enjoy it for what it has become and not curse it for the long journey.

Change the thread to "2 people".

I'm also gone. It's nothing to do with game content or anything though. I can happily create my own content on alpha or beta.

I'm leaving due to the "lag lines" as they are described, which cripples my game play so much that it's impossible to do what I want in game.

BUT... the nail in the coffin was that across 8 accounts, they couldn't keep a recurring payment going. It used to work months ago. Nothing has changed with my credit card details etc. The card works when I resubscribe. I asked them fix it about 4 weeks ago to which their response was lame. And mentioned that if it happened again I wouldn't resubscribe.

So in the past 4 weeks I have gone from 8 accounts to 3 due to the lag lines crippling my game play. And the from 3 to 0 because of a simple recurring payment issue. I was happy to keep the 3 accounts open and keep gaining EP... it's basically free money for them because I wasn't logging in due to the lag lines anyway. It seems they didn't want my money. So *** them... to be quite honest.

Have fun.
Kil

Arga wrote:

Side A: Give us more PVP
Side B: Give us more PVE

In the Middle: Devs trying to balance releases between getting more PVE and more PVP features out.

Result: Slow develeopment of both PVE and PVP and neither group is satsified.

Perp is an ambitious project. Given enough time it will reach a stage where both PVE and PVP are good enough to attract and retain players. In the mean time, some players will move on, others may stay. The game itself will continue to develop until AC stops developing it, THEN it will be dead.

As I've mentioned before, there's a good chance that the bulk of players from beta and after release, won't be part of Perp when it takes off. New players and corps, without all the baggage, will enjoy it for what it has become and not curse it for the long journey.

Wise words smile
I think Perp allready has a great system for PVP. A bigger world and more PVE content will bring more players, wich will result in more pew pew at the end of the day aswell. Adding the PBS etc to further give content and goals to the corps will also help.
Perp has come a long way, and I think it has yet to see it's true days of glory big_smile

Thank you Jojo McNugget!

Yes I think Perp has a good pvp and after PBS, Terraforming will have a system what can work for a long time atomatically after some nerf, changes (after release) should be work "alone" so after they can focus some interesting PVE content. If we would like more people ingame.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

i think this was discussed at other places not too long ago.

this game needs more players or more players will leave. and as we have said before, most ppl come for a pve game. a game that is only there for pvp will most likely stay small and die a lonesome death.
yes i want pbs and gamma as wel and a lot of it, but to keep the game running and growing we need a good pve system.

wenn i compare so STeve they have it more easy here because they can generate a few "missions" and just let them spwan at any space location for the players. with a "2d" word this will be hard to do. that would require a enourmous large word with tons of mission areas. then i think only a mission spot will be boring.
what i think is that we will need instanced missions. with teleporters that biring you to relativ small islands with objectivs on them that can be done one way or another. you can take one route to shoot shrough the middle or a sneaky part around or... or ... or...
just give the ppl some intresting stuff to do. thinds that are rewarding, things that are worth doing solo, things that are worth doing in a group.

this will be way more work then justa few texted an mission spots. but i think such things will make the game more intresting and will keep ppl intrested for much longer time.

another thing (a bit offtopic)
the think with the wall patch is that i even saw a decrease on beta activity and with that a decrease at pvp. why? because quite a few ppl used the walls to get a "save zone" where they could use "their home island" for pve or other activity that was not pvp related. of cource when you wnat to do that you dont want to be killed every half an hour.
now with the radius of walls reduced to 3000m there is no was to keep such a "save zone" so ppl who wanted to do their thing there just left for alpha or even worse left for good or took a break of the game... so even less targets for everybody how complained about these walls, and even less ppl in the game. sad but true...

9 (edited by Lahha 2012-03-22 18:15:56)

Syrissa wrote:

the think with the wall patch is that i even saw a decrease on beta activity and with that a decrease at pvp. why? because quite a few ppl used the walls to get a "save zone" where they could use "their home island" for pve or other activity that was not pvp related. of cource when you wnat to do that you dont want to be killed every half an hour.
now with the radius of walls reduced to 3000m there is no was to keep such a "save zone" so ppl who wanted to do their thing there just left for alpha or even worse left for good or took a break of the game... so even less targets for everybody how complained about these walls, and even less ppl in the game. sad but true...

Curing the cancer doesn't come without price tag. Just like chemotherapy, it's gonna make feel worse and may cause some permanent damage but in the end it's better than letting the cancer rampage freely.

10 (edited by Gremrod 2012-03-22 18:49:50)

Syrissa wrote:

So no farming of beta happened until walls came into the game?

I don't think walls have anything to do with the low pop of the game tbh. I think it is a combination of more than one specific mechanic or thing in game, rather then any single mechanic or thing in game.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

dont twist my words grem.

all im saying that these walls made beta attractive for more players as it was before... now this is nullified again...

How did they do that? When the walls were implemented, all the old players on betas immediately build an entire islands with these walls so new players were simply unable to get on beta smile

But srsly, stop blame all the improvements/changes in players leaving - main reason isn't walls nor ERP nor somthing else. Well okay some of them had more or less influence on PvP-oriented players. BUT THIS IS A *** SANDBOX! It's not the PvP-only game, and that is the problem - lack content for PvE and solo gaming. It was lack when ERP came. It was lack when ERP got nerfed. It was lack before/after walls, I2.0, Scarab, Beacons, %put_name_of_latest_change_here%.

More things to do + custom craft + more stuff + more land = win win.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

i want to mention - almost one year after a vocal minority requested a change of the standing mechanics, i still suffer from that change.

instead of making it better, IMHO it made it worse. I will elaborate that more later when i got the time for it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear