1 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-03-17 02:13:28)

Topic: How to Make a good forum post

Due the the abundance of bad S*** posts that have infected the general forums (common lets try to keep it to C.D. section) i think a short lesson in what a good & bad post is.... And who better to give this lesson than one of the great goon Posters.... Kewpuh!... if you dont know his work then... you fail at life!

Situation 1: I don't like this game at all and I really want to get this off my chest!

• Good Post: I have to say that I don't really care for this game. I get what they tried to do with the kitchen based weaponry but I feel like they really dropped the ball on the amount of polygons in the design of the frying pan of bashing +1.

• Bad Post: this game sucks fhhhhhhhhhhhh

Situation 2: Some *** just came into the thread and called MY FAVORITE GAME kind of boring. He wasn't really a *** about it and listed good enough reasons. I should reply.

• Good Post: Did you know that they've acknowledged that issue and plan to fix it in an upcoming patch! I don't know if that will sway you though. What other types of games do you like? Maybe this one just isn't for you. Have you tried playing Land of Farts?

• Bad Post: Did you ever stop and think that maybe you're just a ***??? why don't you keep your stupid *** opinion to yourself. DONT LIKE THE GAME? DONT PLAY IT.

Situation 3: This guy is obviously trolling. I mean I know it in my heart. This is so blatant.

• Good Post: There is no good post for responding to this so don't even do it. Ignore it and if it's bad enough, report it.

• Bad Post: youre *** trolling and u know it *** take a hike up a mountain of *** this thread is for real discussion on horse armor

Learn it love it live it.... Or better yet learn to troll better roll which 95% of the members on this forum couldnt do if you payed them.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: How to Make a good forum post

Shall we take the lack of reponses to indicate that everyone feels this is a situation 3, which makes this a Bad Post. smile

3 (edited by Celebro 2012-03-19 17:31:08)

Arga wrote:

Shall we take the lack of reponses to indicate that everyone feels this is a situation 3, which makes this a Bad Post. smile

Hehe, nice trolling Arga.

RIP PERPETUUM

tl,dr

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

youre *** trolling and u know it *** take a hike up a mountain of *** this thread is for real discussion on good forum post

wheres the part that says "dont use the forums (or CEO powers) when your drunk" ?

cool

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-03-20 06:40:29)

Annihilator wrote:

wheres the part that says "dont use the forums (or CEO powers) when your drunk" ?

cool

im sure its in a foot note some where... that you can only find when you have beer goggles on & look at the screen upside down.

Arga wrote:

Silence is also taken as an admission of guilt... so most forum posters are bad posters... cool

Also:

Lack of imagination in this troll reply will mean only a score of 6/10. come back when you have forum posting at level 5 & trolling at level 5 as well.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Let me see how i can do;

<Insert your mum ref>

<accuse you of being 12>

<call you a no lifer>

<and last but not least threaten you irl>

Any of those is poor trollfu and shows a lack of imagination.  I'd also include grammar nazi but as i like to use that one we'll keep it on the allowed list tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Arga wrote:

Lack of imagination in this troll reply will mean only a score of 6/10. come back when you have forum posting at level 5 & trolling at level 5 as well.

You missd the irony of the admission that my post was also a bad troll, as well as the assertion that the OP was bad by the use of "this", and breaking rule #3 by even responding.

Arga wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Arga wrote:

You missd the irony of the admission that my post was also a bad troll, as well as the assertion that the OP was bad by the use of "this", and breaking rule #3 by even responding.

Oh no i seen the irony lol

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Arga wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Oh no i seen the irony lol

Thats at least a 6.5 based on complexity... grrr @ russian judges.