Topic: Market Situation

The T4 market still being profitable?  Any industrial only corps still around?  Epi prices are still pushing downward just wondering if that was because the producers need for epi was less because of sluggish sales.  Or if that much epi is being supplied to the market thanks to wallagedon!  Any word from people who play the market?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Market Situation

I would think kernels will prevent t4 from bottoming out anytime soon.

My recollection is that they are similar prices to what they have always been.

Sales are sluggish.

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

I see a sluggish market in tellesis, I moved lots of my typical sales to the Alpha-1 island.

My feeling is that walls and other deployables suck a lot of NIC out of the game (which is good), but less NIC in free flow means NIC is the next rare resource, which means you have to pay more ore to get 1 NIC than before.

Well, I'd say that walls have definitely helped pushing down epriton prices, and they now seem to be quite stable around 8-8.5. However, this market have always been determined by a few bulk buyers and as their sales slow, they've accumulated reasonable large stocks of epriton (I myself have around 250-300m), making them less willing to pay much.

Regarding the future, I think epriton prices will increase if the population starts growing (if that ever happens), but it also depends highly on the development of pbs on gamma islands. If corps will be able to mine epirton through mining stations or the alike, I think we'll experience further drops.

In the T4 market there are several new players from my experience, and prices are trending down. There's still good NIC to be made of course, but some particular modules have really quite poor margins, and it requires a bit more care than previously.

Agree, market seems really sluggish and stagnant.

why buy on the market?

• T4 equip is to expensive to risk it in PvP for those who have to buy it on the market

• You dont lose it in PvE, normally, so you have to fit two mk2 heavy mechs and your done.

• You get even better (T4+) from farming NPC beacons.

• At the point you can use T4 in PvP, you probably get it from own production.

• Research pool is limited, the T4 items i have researched on my own are exactly the same as those offered on market

So, if there no force out there making NIC to PvP with T4 Equip that they buy from Open Market supplies, most of your customers are new PvE guys with a very limited demand.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Here is an incomplete list of why it is perfectly logical for epriton prices to have been dropping!

1. Walls made unwanted PVP action and associated losses less likely, so less demand from lost equipment there, which has an lowering effect on ALL mineral prices.

2. Walls made mining epriton much safer, causing a supply increase there versus demand, effect: lower epriton prices.

3. Recycle nerf from not too long ago made other ores then epriton less abundant trough recycling. And because all ores are used in a fixed proportion to each other, there is a relative drop in supply of these ores versus epriton. Meaning for a static market price, epriton bar other causes has to drop relative to these other ores.

4. Over time older players develop their own knowledge base and make certain things them selfs cheaper then current market prices. Or they make prototypes as those are not really abundant on the market (some prototypes are really cheap to make and are magnificently better then their counterparts). Result: drop in demand of these kind of modules!

5. Over time hardcore producers need less materials then before as their efficiency extensions are closing on to level 10! Again less material is needed, causing a downward effect on prices.

6. As with point 5, there are the miners that also see an increase in efficiency over time, causing minerals prices to go down over time.

What it all boils down to is that things get cheaper over time if there is not something that upsets this trend. Think of huge wars, a major influx of new players needing equipment and new toys (resource hogs) to please existing players.

Inspiration you hit the nail on the head.  Thats what I wanted to see if we are seeing market backlash because of the walls, or if the poroducers themselves are seeing little to no returns playing the market.

Still don't understand why they made beta a "safer" place to be once you put walls and probes up.

I understand game has lost a lot of active players logging in recently, but even so, the Killboards rarely show a lost miner these days.  A safe log on your miner is now even easier than before walls and probes.  More stockpiling of Epi, less demand is basic market principle of supply and demand.

We NOW have more supply and less demand= price drops