Topic: Why did they remove station interior graphics?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F74vhSnx … re=related
This looks so cool, why did they replace interiors with ugly holograms?

Why did they change modules icons that you click to activate weapons/modules?

I just looked trough some Beta videos and interface looked so much better before. It looks like crap now. Is there some kind of a version of high-res game or something? I don't like hologram station interiors...

Re: Why did they remove station interior graphics?????

There were a few reasons. But I think they went with a view that fit the lore.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

You're really on earth and when you enter a terminal you're converted into data/mass/whatever. I like the newer terminal design, just wish it wasn't so GPU unhappy.

The Game

Chief Ubenor wrote:

I just looked trough some Beta videos and interface looked so much better before. It looks like crap now. Is there some kind of a version of high-res game or something? I don't like hologram station interiors...

To quell some of the stEVE comparisons... :-)

5 (edited by Jero Kane 2010-12-01 19:59:16)

GLiMPSE wrote:
Chief Ubenor wrote:

To quell some of the stEVE comparisons... :-)

The more I see this stuff, I am getting the feeling they either licensed CCP's game engine or these devs are ex-CCP employees lol. tongue

(not that I mind tho. Just can't help notice all the similarities)

im sure Blizzard is going to sue EA for using their Starcraft "Engine" on C&C titles.

its looks so similar, it must be the same engine!

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

7 (edited by Hug 2010-12-02 01:57:40)

as with most things in life there is only a few you don't like about a specific thing (steve) that you want changed..

these guys changed a lot i don't like about steve so they made something superior for me with taking the good with them..heads up! smile

just because something is similar at a first look doesn't make it a copy..or what exactly is the the difference by discussion of 99,9% of all the games where you go to get better stuff in dungeons ? smile at a second look however there are quite a lot of differences still.

8 (edited by Valkadesh 2010-12-02 07:15:42)

From what I recall, their official reason was that they wanted to have unique themes for the inside of each faction station, but they didn't want to half *** the interiors, so they're using the hologram for now until they can work on it.

Hug wrote:

as with most things in life there is only a few you don't like about a specific thing (steve) that you want changed..

these guys changed a lot i don't like about steve so they made something superior for me with taking the good with them..heads up! smile

just because something is similar at a first look doesn't make it a copy..or what exactly is the the difference by discussion of 99,9% of all the games where you go to get better stuff in dungeons ? smile at a second look however there are quite a lot of differences still.

I know. But you have to admit that some things look a bit all too familiar.

Especially the Station interiors shown in that video. I first thought it was a joke and I was looking at an EVE Online video. Till I saw the little bot standing on the platform and not a shuttle lol. tongue

Valkadesh wrote:

From what I recall, their official reason was that they wanted to have unique themes for the inside of each faction station, but they didn't want to half *** the interiors, so they're using the hologram for now until they can work on it.

this was the official answere during one of the Q&A

actually on my system running 2 accounts, my gpu temp rised to almost 90C when hologram is showed on my 2 screens at once (ie both char docked at the same time). Had to tweak fan cycle to get it to safer levels. Pretty strange that this screen is so gpu intensive. (far more than the outside world).

Blossom wrote:

actually on my system running 2 accounts, my gpu temp rised to almost 90C when hologram is showed on my 2 screens at once (ie both char docked at the same time). Had to tweak fan cycle to get it to safer levels. Pretty strange that this screen is so gpu intensive. (far more than the outside world).

Outch! Is this a NVidia card? If so, I better start checking out my GFX card as well.

Yeah, GTX275

XrayIT wrote:
Valkadesh wrote:

this was the official answere during one of the Q&A

I hope its true and not just an excuse and that during the next series of patches interiors will be updated to something more decent than just a holograms.

Blossom wrote:

activate VSYNC

the terminal screen and the login screen actually dont need so much gpu power at all - but there is no frame limit in, so your GFX card renders that background with 300+ fps. And that is causing the overheat. (imagine driving your car with the lowest gear on high speed)

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

I just read this:

[21:46:04] <Kurono> why environment in station became holografic, detailed it was better, is any way to change it mb in options in future?
[21:46:58] <DEV BoyC> kurono we wanted distinct displays for each station and simply didn't have the capacity to produce a unique view for each of them

It doesn't sound like they are going to do anything any time soon to introduce new terminal/outpost interiors. To have more capacity they would need to hire another Dev like Zoom and it sounds like there is not enough budget at this point. Thats pretty sad, concidering that if this is not done soon after release it will become secondary, tetriary etc not important in other words and will never be changed. sad.

17 (edited by Jeronas 2010-12-02 20:13:34)

Recognizer wrote:
Blossom wrote:

activate VSYNC

the terminal screen and the login screen actually dont need so much gpu power at all - but there is no frame limit in, so your GFX card renders that background with 300+ fps. And that is causing the overheat. (imagine driving your car with the lowest gear on high speed)

If your card is overheating. Just turn on V-Sync. It will cap your FPS at 59,99.

I did it. So at least my card won't overheat. wink

18 (edited by Blossom 2010-12-03 13:27:53)

Jeronas wrote:
Recognizer wrote:
Blossom wrote:

activate VSYNC

If your card is overheating. Just turn on V-Sync. It will cap your FPS at 59,99.

I did it. So at least my card won't overheat. wink

Thx for advice guys

About the subject : I find the actual screen ok, most of time when docked you have severals windows open anyway and hardly see the background smile
The subject does not justify dev time at this point imho

19 (edited by Wraith 2010-12-09 21:33:13)

Was browsing zee interweb when I came across a dev blog about Perpetuum with some very nifty screenshots of the in-station interface.

I'm wondering how come this didn't make it tot he final release? I would much prefer this interface then the ugly green background one that we currently have.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uUn3C9_6Rv0/S … m_0232.png

or

http://11k2.files.wordpress.com/2009/12 … 2shots.jpg

Any Comments from the DEVs?

Wraith wrote:

Was browsing zee interweb when I came across a dev blog about Perpetuum with some very nifty screenshots of the in-station interface.

I'm wondering how come this didn't make it tot he final release? I would much prefer this interface then the ugly green background one that we currently have.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uUn3C9_6Rv0/S … m_0232.png

or

http://11k2.files.wordpress.com/2009/12 … 2shots.jpg

Any Comments from the DEVs?

This has been covered in length in other posts. Search function above shall guide thee.

<search before you post, it's the internet way>

~G~

I did do a search and the only reference I could find was in this one
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -graphics/

But there was no post from a DEV in that one.

Could someone kindly point me int eh direction of the post where the DEVs talk about why they didn't go with the nicer station interior interface?

*topics merged*

Forum Rule #5