Topic: The name goes on (story)

The Name Goes On

Chapter 1: Rebirth

King Phillip was having his usual day, he had several meetings and another small squabble to settle when the building he was in rocked, and he jumped up quickly and ran to the window. There in the distance was a cloud of dust and some small amount of smoke and even from here he could hear the screaming and he made a dash that way. In an instant he was there and he dropped his head in sadness. There, before him were his two sons, John, named after the former king of Glade, and Phil, named after his father. They were at it again and damage was being done to the town and the shops nearby.

“Stop this,” King Phillip said but they ignored him completely and he started getting angry. “I said STOP THIS!” he said again, and the sound of his voice shook buildings and glass rattled as the two slid to a stop. Very literally... slid...to a stop holding various weapons they gathered from around the area. One, John had a light post, that he had been swinging, and Phil was using some poor persons car as a shield and King Phillip stepped onto the road between them and pointed for them to drop them and they did, slowly so they didn’t make him any more angry.

“Whats it about this time?” he demanded as John said that Phillip was teasing him for not having a woman yet, even at the age of 20 and he just got angry and the fight started.

“And just out of curiosity, why would you bother your half brother over something so trivial?” Phillip demanded as Phil Jr looked a little devilish with his big grin and said that he thought just maybe, John was 'one of those people' that didn’t like girls, and they rushed each other and locked hands and started dragging each other around even as King Phillip looked sad that they couldn’t get along even with him standing there. In a minute they were both slammed to the ground and as they looked up King Phillip was standing over them looking even more angry and they saw that restarting the match right in front of him was a bad idea.

“I'm going to hurt you, if you don’t stop this now...” He demanded as they both slowly got up and apologized for the trouble they caused.

“YOU, “ King Phillip said pointing at John, replace that light pole with a new one, get it hooked up and working before nightfall, and before you get anything to eat or return home.” he said as John tried to argue but was silenced immediately.

“And YOU,” The Phillip said pointing towards his namesake, “you go tell the nice people that you destroyed their vehicle and that you'll personally pay for it.” he demanded while Phil said he didn’t have enough cash on him to do it and the King gave him a huge grin. “Then I'll pay, and you'll work for me for a while, there are consequences for what we do, even for you, and this time you'll learn that.” With that he rushed back to his office and the sounds of fighting went away, John went to do his job and Phil started back after explaining to the owners how sorry he was and they said that if he replaced the vehicle they'd forget the whole thing and he admitted that it would be done. He then went back to the castle to see his father and what he'd have to do to repay this all and he wasn’t at all sure that he wanted to know.

“What was the problem this time?” Cybil asked as she walked in all dressed in her royal finery.

“Your son started another fight with John about his dating habits.” Phillip said sourly as her eyes popped and she got angry.

“MY son?! As I recall you were there too and that doesn’t make these all my problems does it?” she demanded as Phil got a little more silent, she had a way to get things right out in the open and she had slammed him for saying things like this before. “So, now what will MY SON have to do this time to fix the problem?” she demanded as Phillip got quiet and she saw she might have gotten a little too loud while he was trying to fix things.

“He has to pay for destroying someones vehicle, that’s all but some time away from each other wouldn’t hurt.” he said softly as she thought about it and finally agreed.

“Sounds familiar doesn’t it?” she asked softly as he looked her way and laughed. It sure did and they all had heard the story enough times they were never going to let him forget it.”He's your son, no doubt about it.” she said giving him a big hug which he returned with feeling.

“The girls don’t give us any trouble, but these two...” he said looking tired, “ I have a plan though, maybe he needs some time to consider his mistakes.”

“Your not going to have Rita send him away are you?” she asked looking worried while he just smiled, he didn’t need Rita’s help with this one. The Galactic Council had made their world a stopping place for fleets of traders and supply ships recently and that made them look even more civilized than the thirty years since the last war even allowed them to be. It would be no trouble for him to get Phil a job, something maybe in manual labor, on one of those ships and let him get a tour of the galaxy while he thought about his evil ways and his hormone problems.

“Will he be alright?” Cybil asked looking the very part of the worried mother as Phillip smiled.

“He'll be fine, so long as he doesn’t destroy the ship the first time someone says something he doesn’t like.”  He said laughing as she tried to smile, but Phil Jr was their only child and as it happened one of the only two male children that Phillip had ever had, and that made him special, maybe too special and there’s where the problems arose.

Re: The name goes on (story)

Chapter 2: Paying the Bills

Phil was in the office in a few minutes and by then King Phillip and Queen Cybil were standing there waiting for him and she was not looking very happy with him at the moment.

“Sorry mother,” he said looking totally whipped just seeing she was in on this discussion, even with all his strength, she could make him do anything she wanted, and in her own way had more power than he did over others.

“The vehicle is being replaced even as we speak,” she said as he bowed a little towards her and thanked her for her kindness,” But, that’s not the end of this problem. You have constantly harassed your half brother for ages now, why? I demand to know.” She said seriously while Phil looked away, he had promised not to tell and had kept that promise up until now.

“Just remember....your punishment hasn’t yet been finalized, keep that in mind when your mother asks you questions.” The King said as Phil looked a little more worried, and he thought maybe he might be forced to say something they might not want to hear.

“I cant say, I promised.” he said softly as they both looked at each other, so...there was a reason after all.

“Is it a family matter?”Cybil asked fishing and Phil nodded yes, without saying anything and King Phillip got a huge grin while Cybil just looked embarrassed.

“Is this about him and Karen?” King Phillip asked as Phil looked surprised, they thought they had kept it a well hidden secret.”So it is..why don’t you just leave them alone, its not like we haven’t seen it by now.”

“He's in love with his sister!” Phil said looking very serious as the King and Cybil smiled and looked less than surprised.

“His HALF Sister...” King Phillip said as young Phil just waved it away, to him it was the same thing they were family and it would be incest to him, even though the law was a little more lenient about it, it was a boarder line case and he didn’t approve.

“You cant force your ideals on others, they have a right to be happy,and its perfectly legal, we were surprised they tried to keep it a secret for so long.” Cybil said as Phil Jr went nuts.

“They are brother and sister, for gods sake man, they grew up in the same house their mothers are all your wives, what else is there to say?” He demanded as King Phillip looked even more tired as he walked over and laid a hand on his sons shoulder.

“They are alright, by our standards and by the law, your opinions have no relevance here, so go gather some things, all work cloths, I have something for you to do and you'll get a chance to forget all about this until you return.” he said and at the sound of 'return' his eyes went wide, the story of his father being banished to another world,this world, was well known, but he never thought it would happen to him, that was his mistake.

“Report to the freight terminal in an hour and board the freighter  'Castle' they have your orders there, and remember, in space even you need air, don’t do anything that might cause damage to the ship or your work will continue until its all repaid, if you live.” With that he waved him away as Cybil turned her head and tried to look strong, and Phil Jr saw he had lost already, and he went and got some work cloths and put them into a bag and through it over his shoulder, and walked to the base to see what ship he was leaving on.

“I'll never see him again,” Cybil started as she burst into tears and Phillip took her and gave her a big hug and held her and whispered in her ear.

“It's a two month cruise, it'll teach him how the other half lives and give John and Karen time to get this all figured out. Once that’s done his opinions mean nothing.” he said as she agreed, it might just be time for them to have a family meeting, this little secret had gone on long enough and had caused some real problems, so they called a meeting to get it fixed and as they talked it out and John and Karen got officially engaged, and Phil Jr was on his way to another star system, washing dishes and sweeping floors and very,very angry.