Topic: Assignment reward balance seems way off...

So, I did L1 Bounty assignments to get my standing up to do Level 2's and the approximate stats of each L1 assignments were:

Kill 7-10 bots
Reward: 30k NIC, 35 ammo

I then got access to Level 2 Bounty assignments:
Kill 12 MUCH HARDER bots (double range, hit harder, etc)
Reward: 22k NIC, 30 ammo

Seems to me the assignment rewards are unbalanced, no?

Re: Assignment reward balance seems way off...

The problem with assignments is that they are actually based off of distance traveled to finish the mission. Not the actual difficulty.

the assignement rewards need really a balance, for NIC and relations changes

transport 1 data lvl 1 (ex Parsifal) 9000 nic
gain +0.04/+0.01/+0.01 loss -0.01/-0.01

Transport 1 data lvl3 (ex Antanté) 15000nic
gain +0.01/+0.00/+0.00 loss -0.00/-0.00

^^
this seems weird to me, even if the loss of lvl3 is null, the gain in relation and nic is really low. And the trip may be risky depending the chosen way !

Dreadnought wrote:

The problem with assignments is that they are actually based off of distance traveled to finish the mission. Not the actual difficulty.

If Dreadnought is correct....this needs to be seriously looked at.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

AND getting "35 ammo" as reward for a mission when wasting about 100~ ammo not very rewarding! and it's not like the purple energy cells are much better then green ones.

I could do lvl 3 Missions, but the Rewards are really low like 40k an some special ammunition. In my Opinion it would be niice if the item reward would be randomized.

Having played, and beta'd a WHOLE LOT of these games, starting in '97 when Ultima went public, I can agree with some assurance the payoff for assignments doesn't provide the same profit level / help advancing that similar newb missions in other games do.
Perpetuum, at least to this point, pays minimum wage. lol

8 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-08 14:41:38)

Cestus wrote:

the assignement rewards need really a balance, for NIC and relations changes

/this

The Alpha zones are populated with huge amounts of players farming AI in light and assault bots for this reason...

You get the SAME amount of rep for L1 and L2 missions (.06 gains for my example) even if your rep is 1.01....WTF!?! You should not be getting ANY rep for Alpha when you reach 1.00.....

Due to this, naturally players will just stay in the alpha zones and grind L1 past 1.01 because it's faster and easier than doing the L2s. lol

And it's more profitable because it's easier (faster).

This needs balanced asap or you will never spread the player pop out like it should be....

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

The problems are:

• You don't get enough in rewards - you can barely afford the ammo, and that's it!

• The drops are worth nothing - an average mob drops aprrox 800 NIC worth of loot that can be recycled, and maybe 1-in-5 drops a decoder worth 8000 NIC.

• The levels don't scale with regards to effort/reward

• The relations gains are trivial and painful - doing the same thing 50x over for gaining better standing is painful - worse, the standing gain seems to be good for nothing if you are a combat character

Seriously, if I am not to blow things up and get rewarded, why would I continue playing the game if I am a combat character? And if I am NOT a combat character, why would I play the game if there are no combat characters to consume what I produce?

I will watch this space for a month maybe, but the game needs a good face-lift when it comes to productive, rewarding things to spend a player's time on.

More variety in the drops, more drops, more rewards, increased rewards for higher-level assignments, increased variety of assignments are all possible fixes. Devs need to re-think how PVE works. All PVP-ers start with a little PVE to get their NIC-situation fixed.

Still new here, but it seems like the assignments are here just to give you some additional incentive and suggestions on what to do.

For instance, I needed some kernals to research and the kernals from the plain starter drones no longer provided any improvement. Taking the level 1 bounty quest pointed me to where new mobs are, and offset some of my farming costs with NIC and ammo.

The game really looks like it is pushing for players to be the driving force, not NPC corps.

Its a big problem. I stopped grinding missions at like +.30 for the wrong color, sigh. But thats not why, it was because my friend who played a few monthes of beta, tells me you risk alot more in r2 missions yet dont get anymore rewards.

To me I would think it would go up drastically. Without any diplo boosts, I get like 22k NIC for a r1 bounty. There is minimal risk of dying in a light bot.

A r2 bounty should EASILY yeild 80k, if there now is a risk of dying. Also the 30 ammo thing has got to go. Make it like 200 or an item please.

12 (edited by Nipa 2010-12-09 11:07:14)

As an industrial player I strongly disagree with giving more ammo or items rewards on missions.

Just give them more money. And lot of money for outposts missions, as we need some incentive to sell our junk there, at the moment outposts markets are nearly dead and most combat players are going back to alpha island to do their shopping.

BizzyBeast wrote:

Also the 30 ammo thing has got to go. Make it like 200 or an item please.

/this

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

Nipa wrote:

As an industrial player I strongly disagree with giving more ammo or items rewards on missions.

Just give them more money. And lot of money for outposts missions, as we need some incentive to sell our junk there, at the moment outposts markets are nearly dead and most combat players are going back to alpha island to do their shopping.

Id agree with you if most of this ammo wasnt unproducable.

most?

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

At this point I have tried to not be one of the older players in an assault mech taking all the younger players kills, but after two assault bot losses in three days while completing about 10 missions, I'm done being stupid.

Back to the L1 missions and screw the newbs, just like the Perpetuum Devs apparently want.

BizzyBeast wrote:

Id agree with you if most of this ammo wasnt unproducable.

... and make all those ammo copiable, of course tongue

This is not just a problem for the kill missions. For geology missions, the level 3 mission I did had me scan in three spot (as opposed to 1 with level 1), travel 2x farther - right on top of level2/level3 npc robots who want to gank me, and this is the best part, the relations I receive are +0.01, +0.0, +0.0!! The monetary reward is 22500 as opposed to 18000, and I receive bullets instead of energy cells.

I wish it yield at least some better standings, and did not involve risking a bot to complete a scan.

The higher your relation, the lower is the relation bonus, that you get from the low level missions. For combat level 3 I get +0.00 with a corp that had a relation of 4.9.  The same mission gave +0.07 not long ago, when the relation was low. Tried a level 5 today for the same corp (4.9 relation), it gave +0.06.

The NIC rewards are way too low IMHO. Today I finally got access to my first level 6 missions: they send you a long way across the beta islands and the reward is 500k NIC. It's safer and pays more to farm bots on alpha island and sell the kernals at NPC prices. Combat missions should pay much more, especially those on beta islands. At least there should be an improvement in payment with higher relation or something.

Ammo rewards missions please

i could not care less for nic, ammo on the other hand...

Also the ammo rewards are unbalanced.

50 pack of missiles holds lot more damage than 50 pack of slugs or energy cells.

You can arm 2 launchers with that, and could not even fill half of the laser. Also laser consume it like 3x faster for 3x less returns.