Topic: Plant Models vs Their Actual Capacity

Anybody have any solid knowledge on what determines what model a plant gets?

I've seen plants in VERY remote areas with ~65 in them that were the largest model, sitting right next to plants with the medium models with the same amount of resources.

I know that once you begin harvesting a plant, the model does not change actively. It might change at a server reboot, but I don't know.

So, any thoughts on what actually determines the plants size and does it have any real relation to the amount of resources in it?

Re: Plant Models vs Their Actual Capacity

A plant will spawn many seed plants around it that will start growing once it is destroyed/harvested.

Seed plants will have full capacity from the moment they are able to be harvested, but will grow in size over time.

This is how I understand the system.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

It can actually be a fully grown plant and have only 1 minable unit in it because someone already sucked all the life out of it. So yeah, plants don't degrade visually while being mined nor do the mining nodes change color, it can be a red node and be empty if someone mined everythign out of it. If new plants grwing after seeding can actually change the look based on how *** their are I think that devs could revert that process in real time to show us visual change while we harvest/mine.

We do have a landmark information that shows how many units left in plant. I've heard its better to leave at least 1 unit in plants and then they recover sooner otherwise it probably may take up to 24-48 hours for a helioptris plant to recover to 50-70 units if it has to grow from scratch. I may be wrong though, this is what i think based on my observations and what I read/hear.

This would be nice. I would love to have a way to tell roughly how much is left in a plant.