Topic: Account Transfer (corp Prototypers)

I was wondering where the DEVs stand on handing over that Hold a corps proto research.
Due to the lack of Mechanics for a corp to perform research at a corp level.

Any time a Proto Guy stops playing a corp must technically start over.

Whats the ruling Devs?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: Account Transfer (corp Prototypers)

The rules are that account transfers are not allowed.
The truth however is that ownership becomes blurred if there is no official mechanic to transfer knowledge.
It would be nice if we could give our research knowledge to other people but why we'd then forgot the knowledge I don't know.

Honestly it would be nice if research was corporate and there was a tech tree we could spend points on. That's all I have ever wanted for research.

+1

I also would like to this.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Alexander wrote:

The rules are that account transfers are not allowed.
The truth however is that ownership becomes blurred if there is no official mechanic to transfer knowledge.
It would be nice if we could give our research knowledge to other people but why we'd then forgot the knowledge I don't know.

Honestly it would be nice if research was corporate and there was a tech tree we could spend points on. That's all I have ever wanted for research.

indeed but until the system is changed ide like to know the devs stance smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

The have already told you what their stance is Obi..... Read the Eula:

"* It is forbidden to share account details with anyone, trade or sell Perpetuum accounts, in-game items, characters, money, etc in any way outside the game. In this case both the seller's and the buyer's characters and accounts may be terminated by AC."

"* Accounts can only be used by the creator of the account, unless the user required a legal guardian to create it. Account sharing can result in the termination of said account."

I would still like to see a corp level research program though....

Inappropriate signature.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Ask someone from RG about the "Jita returns-incident" (talking about it on the forums is a banable offense!)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Scyylla wrote:

The have already told you what their stance is Obi..... Read the Eula:

"* It is forbidden to share account details with anyone, trade or sell Perpetuum accounts, in-game items, characters, money, etc in any way outside the game. In this case both the seller's and the buyer's characters and accounts may be terminated by AC."

"* Accounts can only be used by the creator of the account, unless the user required a legal guardian to create it. Account sharing can result in the termination of said account."

I would still like to see a corp level research program though....

Well due to the lack of corp based research mechanics they would be enforcing (in part) an unfare rule.

Annihilator wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Ask someone from RG about the "Jita returns-incident" (talking about it on the forums is a banable offense!)

Or you can just ask Jita, since it was his account.

+1 for account transfer.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

It terms of research, I'd think that the ability to have corp research of some kind would be a better solution than account transfers. With transfers there are various issues to consider, largely based around RMT.

+1 for corp based research

Industrial Junkie

Tamas Vitez wrote:

+1 for corp based research

+3

+9000 for corp based research!

What happens when a corp disbands then? Or what does a researcher get out of it when he leaves/switches corp? Just being the research *** aka selling your soul to a corp would also suck...

Tharrn wrote:

What happens when a corp disbands then? Or what does a researcher get out of it when he leaves/switches corp? Just being the research *** aka selling your soul to a corp would also suck...

Indeed, Corp research is the same sh**. CEO is the owner of Corp so it's his research anyways. -1 to account transfer too.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Tharrn wrote:

Indeed, Corp research is the same sh**. CEO is the owner of Corp so it's his research anyways. -1 to account transfer too.

well either account OR alt transfer. But i guess this is a problem the DEVs would prefer to stick their head in the sand about. As seen by their lack of commenting.

gotta love hap hazard enforcement of the EULA roll

16 (edited by Tharrn 2012-02-19 12:58:31)

Maybe some of the posts should be split of into the suggestions forum...

Why not introduce a leasing model: a researcher can lease individual products, categories or all his researched prototype templates to a corp. A sum (with zero being a possibility) per month could be negotiated, that could go from the corp funds to the agents wallet. The contract could be cancelled from either side but would otherwise remain active until the agent leaves the corp.
Inactives wouldn't hurt THAT much then, the agent would retain the prototypes himself.

The only downside I see is that it makes sense from a developer point of view to NOT want inactives to lease their prototypes to a corp as they need to earn real money somehow. Maybe charge the corp premium NIC for the prototypes of inactives (the extra tax going to nirvana, encouraging the corp to find an active prototyper to replace the inactive one).

It would also add incentives to prototyping as a viable profession...

Tharrn wrote:

Maybe some of the posts should be split of into the suggestions forum...

Why not introduce a leasing model: a researcher can lease individual products, categories or all his researched prototype templates to a corp. A sum (with zero being a possibility) per month could be negotiated, that could go from the corp funds to the agents wallet. The contract could be cancelled from either side but would otherwise remain active until the agent leaves the corp.
Inactives wouldn't hurt THAT much then, the agent would retain the prototypes himself.

The only downside I see is that it makes sense from a developer point of view to NOT want inactives to lease their prototypes to a corp as they need to earn real money somehow. Maybe charge the corp premium NIC for the prototypes of inactives (the extra tax going to nirvana, encouraging the corp to find an active prototyper to replace the inactive one).

It would also add incentives to prototyping as a viable profession...

This sounds really good.

Tharrn wrote:

I would assume the current system would still exist alongside a corp system. But for NeX (and many others) who do most production within the corp, using a single researcher (in this case me). A corp system would help them if I left the game for some reason, since I have no other way to give the research to corp. As the research system is seemingly designed for collaboration (in terms of the number of kernels needed), a corp system option would seem to be a logical step forward.

All it needs is for researchers to be able to share their knowledge into a corp database.  They still retain all of their IPR with regards to the research but as long as they are a member of the corp it also resides in the corp database and anyone in the corp with the appropriate roles can access this database.

Still means that an individual has his research and if he leaves the corp he takes it with him but if he goes inactive and is still in the corp the research is still available.  It means prototypers are still valuable individuals and can sell their services to corps and means that you still ideally want more than one prototyper in your corp. 

But they still maintain ownership of their research and simply share it

Very much like a producer taking his blueprints when he leaves a corp in EvE.

Be nice to your prototypers tongue

will probably resolved with PBS...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Or he can just simply add his completed knowledge (says, t2 small armor repair) to a corp base so anyone else can prototype it from there. Difference is, that he will share not his entire base, but those items he completed and want to share. This will allow to use multiple prototypes to fill the corp base to speed up the process. As an additional, some other players with granted permission can copy such knowledge from corp base to their own one - and here we can have a corporal espionage! Infiltrate to enemy corp, deserve access to a database (or maybe hacking or sorta), steal the prototype info! smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

22 (edited by Burial 2012-03-27 22:14:55)

I think it would be more fair to have prototype progress corp bind considering that usually whole corp collects kernels and so on. That in the other hand would kill solo prototypers. To make everyone happy:

Make 2 different research possebilities and let people choose which one to use when researching kernels:
- Independant Prototyping: Reduce the amount of needed kernels X times.
- Corporate Prototyping: Multiply the amount of kernels needed X times.

Why wouldn't corps just use the independant option, and get tree completed for the corporation x times faster then a Corp prototyper?

Arga wrote:

Why wouldn't corps just use the independant option, and get tree completed for the corporation x times faster then a Corp prototyper?

The independent option is much riskier , player might leave, take a break or jump ship.

RIP PERPETUUM

25 (edited by Burial 2012-03-27 23:37:36)

Arga wrote:

I thought about that too and as Celebro said, its way more riskier. With the system I suggested, a new corp can get up and running with solo tree a lot faster and then work on the corp prorotype tree afterwards. Of course both of these kernel needs have to be tweaked just right.

Other plus is that anyone with the required production skills can manufacture items that are researched in the corporation prototype tree, while only the individuals themselves can manufacture items from their solo tree. When looking from corp perspective, it's way more benefitial to have the items researched in the corp tree even with the multiplied kernel need.