Topic: refunds for downtimes

please don't take this as me being negative, i'm curious how this will work.

i know it's been said that we will be credited for the downtimes for the ddos attacks, i'm wondering if all the different downtimes will be added up and we will get credited on that? or if we are going to be credited for time since the ddos attacks started.

even though there are times when the server is up, the possibility of ddos attacks keeps me from leaving the terminal with my t4 equiped miners/combat doods for ratting. i'm hoping we'll be credited for the weeks time (once the problem's have been fixed) because essentially i haven't been able to play the game for the last couple weeks, instead of the day or two credit for the times when it was actually down.

Re: refunds for downtimes

Well,

The devs in this game seem to be pretty fair (and creative) in rewarding their player-base for sticking it out.  While it sounds sort of mushy/soft to advise you to trust them to deal with the situation; I have full faith that they will do so and appropriately compensate or reward players for lost time and inconvenience.

In short, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  the track record of the Devs is quite strong in this department.

Hm...I have a idea.

Praetorian Grohpo's for ALL!!!!

YAY!!!!

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

srike doubter wrote:

Well,

The devs in this game seem to be pretty fair (and creative) in rewarding their player-base for sticking it out.  While it sounds sort of mushy/soft to advise you to trust them to deal with the situation; I have full faith that they will do so and appropriately compensate or reward players for lost time and inconvenience.

In short, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  the track record of the Devs is quite strong in this department.

+1
So far the DEV's have been fair and made sure the players are well compensated, so I'm sure they will do so this time aswell.

They mentioned it = no doubt they will do it. Just wait, DDoS atacks aren't finished yet.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

As Gargaj mentioned in the other topic, we will reimburse lost gametime of course, but there is no use doing it until we have found a way to solve the problem and know how much time needs to be reimbursed.

YAY...more downtime...I love not playing the game.  sad

If their was a crying smile'ly, I would be using it.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

8 (edited by Celebro 2012-01-28 19:04:56)

It sucks that you will have to work for free with all these refunds. I suggest to just give us some EP back. I can keep on paying for the game, even if i can't play atm.

RIP PERPETUUM

If this was strictly a server issue, or problems with the program, or something related to the server host or Avatar Creations, I would be the first screaming for compensation.

It's not.

It's due to some individual who has taken it upon themselves to screw with this MMO, for whatever personal and selfish reasons.  *** *** of the anonymous hacker.

Anything the devs decide to try and compensate for this is a bonus, I would rather have them focus on resolving the issue.  But tbh, it should not extend to free game time.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

How about an achieve, "I survived being ***" ... wait, nm.

Downtime credit .... meh hmm

Extra EP ....  big_smile:D:D

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

But tbh, it should not extend to free game time.

Um...yes It should.

Just Sayin

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Um...yes It should.

Um...no it shouldn't.  Part of the purpose of ddos attacks in situation like this is to drive players away/reduce subscriptions.  We want this game to survive, not cost the devs more than what the attacks have already done.  It's not their fault, it's the hassole doing the attacks.

Don't be a greedy biatch...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Um...yes It should.

Um...no it shouldn't.  Part of the purpose of ddos attacks in situation like this is to drive players away/reduce subscriptions.  We want this game to survive, not cost the devs more than what the attacks have already done.  It's not their fault, it's the hassole doing the attacks.

Don't be a greedy biatch...

to me, this comment seems disingenuous, if these problems persisted (for exagerations sake) for a year, regardless of who's fault it is, you would not be willing to pay the subscription fee for a game you cannot play. everyone has their own tolerance of how long they'd be willing to wait for the issues to be resolved. Just because your tolerance might be higher than someone elses doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong.

also, wanting the game to survive, and costing the devs more than what the attacks have already done, are not mutually exclusive, i think we all want the game to survive, and contrairy to your statement, i think assuring ALL players that reimbursements will be fair will encourage them to "stick with it" & wait for a solution.

DEV Zoom wrote:

As Gargaj mentioned in the other topic, we will reimburse lost gametime of course, but there is no use doing it until we have found a way to solve the problem and know how much time needs to be reimbursed.

finally Zoom, i'm not sure you understood my origional post, i wasn't questioning weither or not we would be reinbursed, but rather how we would be reinbursed.

I'm asking if we'll be reinbursed for every day in which there was a ddos attack, or if downtimes will be added up and we'll be reinbursed that way.

ie: january 19th, server was down for an hour all-together
january 20th server was down for 2 hours and 15 minutes all-together
january 21st server was down for an hour and a half all-together
total reimbursement for those 3 days would be 4 hours and 45 minutes
(these are fictional numbers, just an illustration)

i think it would be more fair to credit 3 days in this example, because even though it was possible to play, you couldn't do so reliably

up to now, with previous issues, the DEVs have reimbursed more time that player actually have lost due to the issues.

like for official release day, there was a rollback - loss of less then one day gameplay, we got 3 days reimbursed AFAIK.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

now that it appears the ddos attacks are over, do we know yet how much time will be reimbursed and when it will be added to our accounts?

Give us EPs instead of gametime.

Win for you. Win for us. Win for all!

I would like the Olson twins to tongue my sack and toss my salad.

Please arrange now!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Many assurances i recieved in this thread not to worry about it, 3 days compensation?, it doesn't sound very "creative" or "fair", it sounds more like the absolute minimum the dev's could do for compensation to fufill their promise to "stick with it, have faith we'll get this fixed & refund for downtime", calculate the total amount of time, add it all together, and i suspect you will likely find it actually exceeds 3 days by a small amount, in either case, this game was unplayable for the large majority of the playerbase for at least 2 weeks., i expect a larger refund as i expressed in the origional post.

Annihilator wrote:

up to now, with previous issues, the DEVs have reimbursed more time that player actually have lost due to the issues.

like for official release day, there was a rollback - loss of less then one day gameplay, we got 3 days reimbursed AFAIK.

Baal wrote:
srike doubter wrote:

Well,

+1
So far the DEV's have been fair and made sure the players are well compensated, so I'm sure they will do so this time aswell.

srike doubter wrote:

Well,

hm let me estimate it with a litte calculation: 2-3 hours per day for 14 days would be a sum of about 72 hours, right? which would be the three days we got.

so now, why just 2-3 hours?

• the attacks weren't over a whole day mostly just about two times a day with one weaker (about one hour) and one heavier with each normally under 5 hours, over time only the "evening DDos" (servertime) stayed

• after the first week we didn't have a daily attack anymore and it decreased, same with the time the ddos took

with this in mind the pure estimation of it justifies those three days already.
Its also a refund for every account, not just the ones who tried being active during those weeks, which I would estimate as less than the half of active subscriptions.
I do think the given refund was enough and we can be even happy we got it: though we older player know about the courtesy of our dev-team, you can't naturally expect it from every game developing team.

Saying 72 hours is 3 days of play time is like saying 40 hours of vacation is 1.67 days off. But on the flip-side, saying the server was down for 2-3 weeks because it wasn't available for 2-3 hours a day is also wrong.

I think 3 days is fair compenstation for the inconvience, which is what its supposed to cover, not any actual time corralation to server down-time.

I respect you don't think it's fair, but there's no mathmatical right or wrong here.

I'll take another couple days too if you can convince AC more compenstation is required smile