Topic: Production Knowledge Base % values are frozen

Before you read any further, please understand that I know how Research Kernels are supposed to work and it's not that my Research is maxed out for a particular tier.

My Industrial character currently gets this message "You've already gained all knowledge of this item. Try a different type!" when trying to research the basic Drone kernels. The problem is that my research progress for the Standard light autocannon is frozen at 62.00% and the Standard firearm tuning is frozen at 84.00%.

The issue is not just with the basic Drone kernels. I researched twenty-five 1st Star kernels and the results window showed that the research progress for Small compositecore slug was at 68.00%. A few hours later, I researched 73 more 1st Star kernels and the results window showed that the research progress for Small compositecore slug was still 68.00%. I tried 25 Rookie kernels and the results window was blank. Meanwhile the research progress for small multi-spectral energy cell is frozen at 80.00%. Servant kernels? I researched close to 50 of them with no change at all to the research progress of Small sonic ballistic missile is stuck at 31.00%.

I'm afraid to say that I have no idea what could have caused this situation. I hope that this could get looked at in case there are any other characters out there which are stuck in a similar state. Because right now this character is useless to me as a production alt, and unfortunately not worthless because I've already spent a considerable amount of EP on it.

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

Re: Production Knowledge Base % values are frozen

I to have ran in to this problem with two different researchs eatin over 200 various kernals and nothing has moved and it would show blank or show the same items and +0.00 gained.

Tested this morning with 3rd star light and assault kernals. Giving me appropriate %'s in t3 mods.

Hope this helps narrow down the problem.

Since morning, I have learnt nothing new from 30+ kernels of different types. Please look into this - I wonder if other players experience this issue too?

Kernels work very weirdly.
Each kernel level and type can give you a limited number of knowledge. The more kernels you research the less research they give.

If you research level 1 kernels you'll only have access to the standard tech and the more tech you get the less likely to gain more. If you then move up to the next level kernel you should instantly gain the tech you're missing if not very quickly.

This is because the level 2 kernels will give the level 1 equipment and level 2 equipment and you must have the level 1 before you can gain the level 2. The moment your kernel research slows down start looking to move up a level.

The Game

Thanks for the input Alexander, but it is a bug since now I have tried over 40 different kernels of different types and not learnt anything all day. If you want to help, please try learning from some kernels right now and let me know if your knowledgebase gets updated.

7 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-07 18:02:22)

Kernels feel buggy and I reported it weeks ago when things started to act up. Some people get stuck, unable to research any more. Other people seem to hit failure kernels too often.

It's a very bad system IMO. Too much dice roll and not enough simple Input > Process > Output.

The Game

can you please send screenshots
AND

30+ kernels of different types

is not very precise.

there are
4*5*4 + 1 = 81 Different Kernels

please tell at least whats your current knowledge level, and the lvl of the kernels you research.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

good news: we found the bug. In the next patch you'll have it.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … re-frozen/ - that says the bug has been found and will be in the next patch - question then is, when is the next patch?

ah, nice, then i can combine the two topics

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Sorry to bug you, but since I can't learn anything - when will the patch be deployed, any idea?

The patch notes for the day read:
"'''Fix:''' An issue with drone kernels prevented players from fully gaining knowledge from them during research."

And I am pleased to say the bug is fixed. I learnt something new from kernels today.
Thanks!