Topic: Territory control mkIII

A few things I would like to see:

• Make territory control based on regions as well as stations

• Give each region two saps (with a lower version of the station sap bonus)

• Make control for a region based upon the current mechanic

• Allow the building of walls only on a region with stability is over 60%

• Proximity probes can be built anywhere but are only active on a region your stability is over 60%

• Make walls, proximity probes and region control viewable from the corporation window with viewing ability dependent upon roles

Thanks!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Territory control mkIII

As someone in general brought it up I would like to add that it would be nice if for the future you needed to control the region to build a pbs

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

More SAPs with such low population? No thx.

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

i like the idea of the areas that can be controled insted of only the outposts.

maybe it needs some more thought of how it can be controlled, but the idea itself is good.

+1

Sounds like a good idea, regions at the moment are just names I am sure there should be something planned for regions to mean something, maybe this can be better implemented in gamma islands or even both.

RIP PERPETUUM

Dan wrote:

Hm, Dan your tone has really changed when you jumped sides from M2S to Kentablob.

Its really a shame to see someone so weak minded to change in his ways so fast.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Hm, Dan your tone has really changed when you jumped sides from M2S to Kentablob.

Its really a shame to see someone so weak minded to change in his ways so fast.

0110011100001111001010001, I feel kinda caring today so I'll reply to you.

Reading comprehension 101:

With current mechanic you have to defend 3-6 SAPs every day. Ok I can deal with that, every dedicated beta corp/alliance have or should have enough active players to cover it. You are sugesting adding extra SAPs (lets assume for the sake of the argue 1 per region and take Hokk as an example where you have 6 regions) up to 6 with the same mechanics you have from 6-12 SAPs defence every day (1 sap every 2-4h). With current numbers of active players defenders will be having a really hard time defending their pixels.

I said the same thing over and over again, if you want to really own beta you need to be active there and you need a decent bunch of ppl with you.

I'm not saying this idea is f.up etc. It's interesting, but not at this moment. Lets get back to fantastic battles of 50 grophos and then shoot defenders in the knee smile

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Its the same for defenders as attackers. The only work would be getting those regions to that level, you would have the same ability to respond as you do currently. A negative would be if you are unable to respond theoretically they could do damage to a wider area but that just means your unable to hold the space you claim so working as intended.

One significant point is that offensive wall building and full island coverage requires work.

9 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-02-06 22:30:22)

i would really like a dev blog from well... the devs out lining what their plans are so far for PBS & territory control.

Edit: even if they dont have firm set in stone stuff just to know what they r thinking even would be good. as it stands right now we know 0.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1 ^^

I understand the devs get flamed hard for giving us info, then changing thier minds, but it has been a while since we got a 'Sup Bro dev blog.