1 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-01-31 15:37:03)

Topic: Alpha + Beta + Gamma = WIN!

Alpha = Carebear heaven - little reward

Beta = FFA PvP - high reward

Gamma = Just like alpha, but corps in war can attack each other - medium reward (just change L2 alpha islands to gamma)

Do it. DO IT NOW!

2 (edited by Alexander 2012-01-31 16:30:56)

Re: Alpha + Beta + Gamma = WIN!

I prefer to them as Alpha 2 currently because that's what they are but the concept of allowing wars to take place there is interesting..

Gamma is the wrong name for this island however and wars is a big system to implement. It's not high on the "I want" list from me.

Alpha 2 being a war zone would be nice as long as wars are balanced. Otherwise every PVP corp would declare war on each other.

If you want to make any island a semi-PVP island it would be beta and leave beta 2 and the new PBS islands (Gamma) to be the all out war zones.

3 (edited by Arga 2012-01-31 20:16:06)

Re: Alpha + Beta + Gamma = WIN!

I would say yes to a war system, as long as if you're corp is "At war", then you can't enter alpha. Syndicate isn't going to stop you from being at war, but they can't openly promote it.

Basically, there's a penalty for declaring war. And if the opposing force doesn't declare war back, then your corp can't go onto alpha, and they are safe. It makes it a BIG decision to declare war, and not something entered into lightly.

The plus side, is that you can only access Gamma if your at war. And that's where you can build PBS and mine titan. Gamma is still FFA open PVP.

Also, you don't declare WAR on any particular corp, you just declare that your "At War", your enemy doesn't have to do anything, but they also can't come onto Gamma island to harass you, unless they too declare war.

Edit: WAR is also a good tag to help differentiate 'hard core' PVP corps from weekend warrior PVP (which is still a valid play style and supported on existing beta islands)