Topic: ok time out

What the hell is going on Dev's. Crappy updates, DDOS attacks, Content? (as if the standard gambit of issues wasn't bad enough).

You guys are adding crappy content (most of it broken) the rest of it is so easy for the general pop to abuse or exploit.

Improved AI? More like God mode for NPC's. There are spawns out there that use to be soloed and now you lose to many support bots to make it worth it. Yes yes group play is great and all but with splits off loot and Plasma its not even worth it with the amount of people you need anymore to farm say a 4th star mech spawn.
Its cool they don't shoot holes in wall's anymore but the ECM/EW could be toned down just a bit. A gropho or mesmer with a full head of ECCM's gets jammed almost the same as w/o. Why can they be hit or miss to our jams yet they jam us 24/7 no matter the fit? Not to mention Half the NPC's have more fits on a bot then its possible? (ECM/Nuet/Demob/Guns on one assualt npc?)

Walls? really?...... who gives a *** about walls. How about fix the game mechanics that don't work or are so far off any kind of balance its ***. (shields, ECM/ECCM.....Etc.).

Lets not talk about a bot path with one bot you have to spend 5 lvls in to pilot. not to mention its CPU/Accum lvls and fit capability's are worthless. Yea it holds alot and if I fart when I am driving it my console takes a smoke break and I die at 41 kph. I soloed two of them from a roamer spawn on Alsbale in a Cam with one small auto T3. Didnt even bother with or kill the other bots.

How about some answers to our questions about whats going to be done about the game pop and PR.

Here's a clue to the dev's. This may be a game "you" started or came up with but at the end of the day its the Community that makes it....it's a sandbox you keep screwing with and making changes no one asked for or wants.
  You nerf or change trivial things (recycling. I mean who said "ohh ohh its op nerf it nerf it." bad enough the skill is now viewed as worthless at best or a complete waste of EP ). Add pointless content (+1% sparks?,walls?, detector beacon's ?).

I have played since a few weeks after launch and still play but at this point I cant even login so the likely hood of me and many other's staying is slim. Alot of the game pop is leaving by the droves and with the current game mechanics and Community its about as good as dead unless changes are made.

This is as much to blame to the devs as it is Us (the gamers). Put your epeens away for 5 mins and help the game. kill mails are broke and btw can be edited before they are posted so I'm pretty sure alot of them are fake anyway.

All that being said how about we get the game updates to fix bugs and balance. Worry less over new content and more about content that don't work or is broken. and for the love of god MOVE THE SERVERS. A crappy server = death to any mmo good or bad especially one where you stand to permanently lose assets.

At the end of the day This will be trolled to high heaven about QQ more, Can i have your stuff? or some other lame troll. W/e I felt this stuff needed to be said.

so no you cant have my stuff I'm still here. No this is not a "emo I lost all my stuffs from blobs (I do die alot to blobs in pvp but its just pixels). take what you will from it or not but I said my peace. and from 22 years playing/testing and working on mmo's and game's. This is a Great game going down the wrong path and its not just me saying it.

Re: ok time out

First, and I speak for everyone when I say:

Shut the *** up!

Please don't present your particular view as that of the entire game population.  You have you opinion, fine, this is the interent, fine post it, but don't come across as the know it all on the game and its state.  You might actually get people to hear your point rather than dismiss you like I am doing.

And promoting this thread in game? you are just trying to lobby your point of view.  If it was good, other people will promote it.

Atticus wrote:

First, and I speak for everyone when I say:

Shut the *** up!

Please don't present your particular view as that of the entire game population.  You have you opinion, fine, this is the interent, fine post it, but don't come across as the know it all on the game and its state.  You might actually get people to hear your point rather than dismiss you like I am doing.

And promoting this thread in game? you are just trying to lobby your point of view.  If it was good, other people will promote it.

No posting in-game was to get other's to read and post like you. Weather I like what you have to say or not I want to see what the other half of the game pop I dont talk to have to say cause most if not all the people I talk to in corp out of corp/allaince in one form or another share concerns for the games state of affairs if you do not thats fine and i commend you for it.

4 (edited by Alexander 2012-01-26 16:02:47)

Sweeping generalization:
--This thread is full of whine because Morte lost a battle.--

Everyone whines when the lose a battle in Perpetuum.

I wish I could take the important points here seriously but sadly due to the tone of the thread I can't.

The devs are working hard and while you may not like the content that doesn't mean everyone day. There is no such thing as "Right for Perpetuum". There is only "Right for specific Play styles"

As much as I wish the devs would have no made so many mistakes or had so many issues they're a part of life.

5 (edited by MrCeeJ 2012-01-26 16:16:04)

If the AI is too hard for you / not enough cost-benefit / your old support bot tactics are not working for you, perhaps you should try some new ones. I know you love to deride TOG but for all it's alpha qualities at least we have adapted to the new AI. Different locations, different fits, easier kills.

Your scarab QQ is awesome. Perhaps it was an interesting choice that the first Glider to be produced was a Heavy but it is not their fault that you don't have the imagination to imagine what will be available in the future 1-4 and 6-10 control skills. If you had been paying attention to the Devs you would already have a good idea.

I understand you lost 3 mechs this morning, but still that is no reason to make such a random ranting post and then claim that it is the community aka you that make this game. They make the game, we play the game, the distinction should be pretty clear.

I think the title of the thread is probably the most apt part.

6 (edited by RealmeanDigsy 2012-01-26 16:27:08)

MrCeeJ wrote:

If the AI is too hard for you / not enough cost-benefit / your old support bot tactics are not working for you, perhaps you should try some new ones. I know you love to deride TOG but for all it's alpha qualities at least we have adapted to the new AI. Different locations, different fits, easier kills.

Your scarab QQ is awesome. Perhaps it was an interesting choice that the first Glider to be produced was a Heavy but it is not their fault that you don't have the imagination to imagine what will be available in the future 1-4 and 6-10 control slots. If you had been paying attention to the Devs you would already have a good idea.

I understand you lost 3 mechs this morning, but still that is no reason to make such a random ranting post and then claim that it is the community aka you that make this game. They make the game, we play the game, the distinction should be pretty clear.

I think the title of the thread is probably the most apt part.

1st off i have yet to make any public "deride" of tog other then the FACT they are not pvpers which is true and by no means a "deride". I on the other hand have been trolled and smack talked by tog in gen and mails to my CEO's about false claims ....I'm not the only toggie that left get over it i am.

as for QQ of the glider bots. the way they added the bot and the way the bot is was more for the point of what i meant not so much the wasted 5 lvls that was meant to be a side note more or less.

And as for the bots lost LOL? really? you and I both know 3 mechs is not alot to me as I was one of the main production leads in TOG when i was there.

No where in my post do I cry about bot's lost and no where do I say TOG or any other corp name for that matter. So your valid points have been answered and your trolls where seen feel better?

Edit:and you are right I should have said "its the Community that makes it what it is" and not "its the Community that makes it"

7 (edited by Diamond 2012-01-26 16:50:46)

The DDOS thing is way out of control.

gl to you

What the....

I don't even....

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I am stuck at the login screen atm, and I half my corp couldn't connect last night for SAP defense, who later got frustrated and went played other games or logged off and did other things.  My EU guys are connecting fine, but the US East Coasters can't get in.  I think Digsby is frustrated with this just like most of us are.

As far as NPC, I have always agreed with the original philsophy npcing has to be more then a mind numbing grind, and I think they achieved that now.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If you consider that those npcs are all T1 fit without extensions (except fittings) or robot bonuses... and 4th stars are 1 lvl above average difficulty by definition.

Why can they be hit or miss to our jams yet they jam us 24/7 no matter the fit? Not to mention Half the NPC's have more fits on a bot then its possible? (ECM/Nuet/Demob/Guns on one assualt npc?)

if you build a team of 5 player, with each one 1 ecm fitted, and one of it a cam/vagabond driver with two or three of them, and all of them ecm'ing the NPC, you wont see that NPC getting a full lock on anything.

assault bot - eg. arbalest, has 3 headslots, 6 chassisslots -> thats place for
1 demob,
1 ecm,
1 tuning,
2 drainer/neuts
1 missile launcher,
3 em guns.

i think i can fit that with ease now.
Except for observer fits, all npc robot fits are actually equipable by player too, with even better performance.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

RealmeanDigsy wrote:

This is a Great game going down the wrong path and its not just me saying it.

This is a well expressed opinion, but the rest of it was rant, please include /ranton /rantoff tags smile

Its going, going, going, oh foul ball......

<-- Sportscaster. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23