Topic: Deep core drilling

I work in the oil & gas industry so I was thinking about this at work. Deep core drilling on beta. Random grouped up deposits of large quantity ore. Only way to mine them is with a large bot or large stationary device. Needs 2 people too mine and will most likely need a hauler as well. More ore, more people, and of course harder to move when pvp comes into play. It's somewhat balanced because you gain a lot, but a pvp roam could see you from further away and rune your day (unless you have defense). This idea will also promote mining on beta and make beta more attractive.

Re: Deep core drilling

Will work with continents, for sure. But not right now.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Interesting idea indeed, and a good way to make beta more attractive.

Sounds like a PBS idea. And I am sure they're thinking about "Mines" as a building.

+1

higher tier beacons also need more ppl to activate, so I assume most of the mechanics is coded already

Industrial Junkie

+1 to mining pbs

WTB: Oil rig..... i wanna feel like a rich Texan.

Then all ill need is more guns big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

WTB: Oil rig..... i wanna feel like a rich Texan.

Then all ill need is more guns big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70vcs3oV14

Syrissa - you missed the difference between your request, and his:

Kuo wrote:

...Needs 2 people too mine...

Kuo, nice idea. I like it - still needs the interaction of one or more agents, and probably the mining extensions counting in there too. I just wouldn't make it mine something that is already ingame, but different raws, necessary for PBS construction, that cannot be obtained on alpha.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Just make sure that the structures requires some sort of investment in EP/Interaction by the players and it will be ok.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Adding in another rare mineral is a good idea, and making it complicated to mine is good too. I would say that this should be implemented in gamma islands though, and as anni suggests, tied to PBS construction.

The scenerio is something like;

You need to mine beta-I,II Islands for epi to create the PBS Mining tower.
PBS mining tower can only be deployed on Gamma, and is needed to mine Trollololomite
Trollololomite is used to build PBS outposts on Gamma.

Mining tower is as OP suggests.
Outpost is TBD.

This means that corps will be exposed on gamma islands while they mine for the new materials, making them vunlernable to NPC's and PVP. The mining rig is expenisve, but replaceable, while the outpost will be very expensive, but still replaceable.

Trollololomite should also have uses in combat towers, bigger bombs, or other modules that create a decision to use it for PBS or on soemthing consumable.

As I scrolled down reading this post I thought pretty much what Arga posted then I read his lol great idea

Sundial wrote:

Just make sure that the structures requires some sort of investment in EP/Interaction by the players and it will be ok.

Na, make them completely free, with no investment whatsoever.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr