1 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-01-24 08:31:13)

Topic: so.... 23346 registed users??

Total number of registered users: 23,346Newest registered user: Balok

I only just seen this lol.... man can i just say this game must have horrible retention rates lol.

but i am surprised by that number... who'd have thunk it roll

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: so.... 23346 registed users??

Many of those are alts and some of them are even blank users (Not sure how so many blank forum users got created)

To be fair trials turning into players for many games are pretty low. If we estimate there are 2,500 active accounts and there have been 23,000 characters made. That's not that low.

Keep in mind every 15 days 15+ new accounts are needed just to scout teleporters. There are a lot of trail accounts being made and there must be a few issues with the first run of clients because I see a lot of new players log in for the first time, log out 20 seconds later and sometimes they don't come back for days.. other times it's never.

0.4% of 23,346 players are still playing the game. big_smile

You mean at peak time the concurrent user count?
That seems like an aweful measure for active player base.

That aside, I would have expected the number to be much higher.

thats just the agents that have logged in to forums at any time.

If you never log to the forums, your agent/account will not be added to that number at all.
And yes - there are player out there who do switch between their alt agents here on forums on regula basis...
examples are Syndic or Jita - or Alexander....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

That's not bad compared to the corp I was in when I played eve. We had a 99% dropout rate out of thousands of new players.

That's the number of forum accounts, which doesn't correlate to any actual figure related to the game. It's the closest to the number of Agents but even so not every Agent posts on the forum, plus there have been a few resets, etc.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

That's the number of forum accounts, which doesn't correlate to any actual figure related to the game. It's the closest to the number of Agents but even so not every Agent posts on the forum, plus there have been a few resets, etc.

A.. few?... Heh. I'd say half that number or more is reset accounts. I really miss the old feeds as well. Why were they taken away?

I AM NOT A GM™

I think 2000 of those accounts are mine ... (not really)