Topic: Beta NPC and exsplotion

Now im having a hard time dealing whit npcing on beta cause of exsplotion dmg
iv lost a gropho and what not cause of npc demobing u and walking abouth 30-50m around u witch is pretty much the end of me if i kill them also becons seems to be better done on alpha than beta cause of the exsplotion dmg

i dont have much to say exsept from the frustration of exsplotion dmg as they walk all over u when they die i have not seen one npc keep 150m+ from u wile dealing dmg

even the indiustrial becons becomes insanely hard to do on beta cause of all the plates they have and the 25m they trye to keep on u like wtf?

Re: Beta NPC and exsplotion

i hear the oppositte - beacons are better done on beta, since the npcs kill each other with their AoE explosion.

you just need more alpha damage to deal with the first few bots.

about regular npcs... are you alone?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Gremrod 2012-01-24 18:15:19)

Are you doing becons meant for one agent? Or are you doing the becons meant for more than one agent solo?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

As Gremrod said, being alone on beta is not how they're designed to be used.

Robot explosions are annoying and many times I've almost lost a Seth when Mesmers stroll up to me but that's more reason to take a team and use demobs.

If you're going to play with the beta islands and beta mechanics I would take a few friends.

I have it on good authority that 62nd really like robot explosions on beta as it's a massive boost to farming beacons or NPCs.

sad

I AM NOT A GM™

The indy bots are slow though, so you should be able to move away before you kill them right? They also tend to bunch up when they follow, which works great. But it does make farming with combat/support dual box harder when you have to move.

if oyu try to kill beta npcs with shortrange weapons then you might have a problem. on beta you want to keep your distance. but in general its more easy on beta because you can get a lot of dmg on the bots when they are close together and the explotions hurt themselfs. if oyu have a problem and cast use that to your advantage then maybe alpha is better for your playstyle.

in general this mechnic works to your benefit if you know how to use (abuse) it.

I am not doing becons alone and the point isnt  Trying to do em problem is the exsplotion of death of an npc will kill you if they demob u and walk up on ur face because theirr attack range is 80m or less its relly ***

Also becons are now harder to do because of the new Npc AI as they will spreed abit morre depending who they are attacking

But beacons are beacons and my main problem is Standar npc spawns  and they do exsacly the same so my point is why npc on beta when ur nerly 100% safe on alpha even doing becons for the most part the only overpowered NPC becons u can do will always be neutralizing green mechs its epic scary

and syrissa yeah i am doing short range i have tught abouth long range but that makes it slower than alpha and also dosent relly stopp npc from walking all over u after a few mins
just better to stand on the respawn point ang kill em right there on alpha

im sorry but beta farming is relly kinda out of balance tbh also whit all those *** spawns and exsplotion dmg ur making a hellof alot morre on those 3 spots on alpha IIs

Alexandra wrote:

Robot explosions are annoying and many times I've almost lost a Seth when Mesmers stroll up to me but that's more reason to take a team and use demobs.

If you're going to play with the beta islands and beta mechanics I would take a few friends.

I have it on good authority that 62nd really like robot explosions on beta as it's a massive boost to farming beacons or NPCs.

sad

Also just saying this game isnt big enught for bring 5 frends just to have some thing to do during ur down times
Doing the spawns isnt that hard eighter but the problem arises as they blow up on u because they will always walk those 300m to just sit on topp of u

9 (edited by Alexandra 2012-01-25 07:40:36)

Jibril mazit wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

sad

Also just saying this game isnt big enught for bring 5 frends just to have some thing to do during ur down times
Doing the spawns isnt that hard eighter but the problem arises as they blow up on u because they will always walk those 300m to just sit on topp of u

NPCs should be dead before you even get within 150m of you. If that's not happening you need to move to an easier spawn that doesn't use ewar so much. Also try armour tanking rather than speed so when you get demobbed you can move away, slowly but enough to get to 100m+ before they pop. smile However NPC AI should probably keep NPCs at their optimal range like they used to.

I AM NOT A GM™

Alexandra wrote:
Jibril mazit wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

sad

NPCs should be dead before you even get within 150m of you. If that's not happening you need to move to an easier spawn that doesn't use ewar so much. Also try armour tanking rather than speed so when you get demobbed you can move away, slowly but enough to get to 100m+ before they pop. smile However NPC AI should probably keep NPCs at their optimal range like they used to.

who said i was speed tanking?? dont matter how much armor resist or rep power u pull to tank aslong as the spawn insta kill u cause one artemis kain or tyrannos blows up 50m from u sure i can move around 500m here and 1000m here so i dont die and all but thats relly inefficent isnt it this discurages farming on beta and makes it a tousan times better on alpha i dont wana move btw alpha and beta just to do some thing as boring as farming nic or mods or just to do some thing wile no one is online

but ok maybe its just me who think the difficulity btw the beta and alpha is *** for abouth no risk/reward gain/loss

also wuld be nice once u own a outpost to beable to set that as base from any were but thats a wole other story

11 (edited by Annihilator 2012-01-25 13:03:55)

a kain AoE explosion is UP to 2600 dmg (650 per dmg type) at 20m, with 80m falloff-radius.

at 0 - 20m distance you will recieve 1800 damage (without any hardener)
at 60m distance you will recieve 900 damage.
at 100m+ distance you will recieve no damage.

Alexander already mentioned - if you fit an Armorplate, you get demob resists. if you fit a demob yourself, you can keep distance.

Keep in mind, npcs do not have extensions - they WILL run into their optimum range, which is for
a Gauss fitted Kain 150m
or a compact fitted Tyrannos or Grophos - 150m

*edit: forgot, those numbers only apply if the npc had 50% accumulator. if you got him empty, you can futher half all of those numbers*

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

If you want to stand 100m from a target and blow it up then by all means. A single NPC should not kill you with their explosion damage unless you're on low health.

A Gropho should easily be able to shoot close range medium missiles 200m+. NPCing is meant to be about moving, staying outside the enemy optimal range or tanking the hits. It sounds like you're not tanking OR moving.

Sorry but if you're not willing to WORK for the extra rewards that beta can offer.. Back to Alpha with you.

I dont understand why u keep saying how the game is suposed to be played like u made it

my point is ur just better of farming safe and sound on alpha whit close range and chill out
wile on beta u risk that u might get ganked or dying to exsplotion dmg sure u can keep range and all but we all do mistakes some times and it requiers u to do 3 times as much work for no real gain at all on beta also fitting plates i dint see were i absolutly had to *** my fit up to just npc on beta

farmin on beta gets harder as the npc bost their dps wile dying on u especaly after several npc dying also i think ur alil wrong ani as i have taken dmg from npc 150m away to

Alexander wrote:

If you want to stand 100m from a target and blow it up then by all means. A single NPC should not kill you with their explosion damage unless you're on low health.

A Gropho should easily be able to shoot close range medium missiles 200m+. NPCing is meant to be about moving, staying outside the enemy optimal range or tanking the hits. It sounds like you're not tanking OR moving.

Sorry but if you're not willing to WORK for the extra rewards that beta can offer.. Back to Alpha with you.

seriusly? exstra rewards? dumbest thing i ever herd from beta there isnt much reward whit 3rd rank npc swarming most of beta whit 1 high end spawn on it witch is the same as the ones on alpha IIs i even think most ppl dont even farm the spawns on beta they are underdone and *** reward wise

15 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-01-25 14:20:47)

Jibril mazit wrote:

Now im having a hard time dealing whit npcing on beta cause of exsplotion dmg
iv lost a gropho and what not cause of npc demobing u and walking abouth 30-50m around u witch is pretty much the end of me if i kill them also becons seems to be better done on alpha than beta cause of the exsplotion dmg

i dont have much to say exsept from the frustration of exsplotion dmg as they walk all over u when they die i have not seen one npc keep 150m+ from u wile dealing dmg

even the indiustrial becons becomes insanely hard to do on beta cause of all the plates they have and the 25m they trye to keep on u like wtf?

OK first off... lessons you need.

Beacon farming on Beta is far better than alpha. how ever if you wish to do every thing solo then beta isnt for you. Beta is all about being with the group & having fun. Learn to use AOE to help you kill NPCs.

Also use the terrain to your advantage.

Better yet, Ask for help in your corp / for ideas... the old farts in 62nd will know all about it tongue

edit: If thats is still to hard to do then i have to ask... how on earth did you get into 62nd? lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Okay guys, I figured it out.

He's saying beta is unsafe and so farming NIC there isn't safe to do because not only can the NPCs kill you but players too.

The only valid point he makes is that beta NPCs are too easy.

Explosion damage is a big help, but you need group level dps to take advantage of it.
NPC AI may need some adjustment to not suicide into players tho.

yes mark zima Npc usualy do that witch is my point

so clerly beta isnt for me so il have to move back to safe alpha IIs and farm those supreme mechs there insted whit exsacly the same reward

Mark Zima wrote:

Explosion damage is a big help, but you need group level dps to take advantage of it.

why is that an issue? Their goal is to kill you. your goal is to kill them.
It seems like its a fact that you cannot satisfy all player. Some weeks ago, i think it was a 62nd member, but im not sure, someone complained that NPCs are running away or hiding behind indestructible objects.

Jibril mazit wrote:

...whit exsacly the same reward

hmm,
- afaik, beacon droprate and quality on beta is higher
- npc density on beta 1 is higher
- plasma on beta sells for more NIC
- repair and recycle facilities on beta can have higher levels
- AoE explosion makes it possible to farm with much higher effeciency on beta.
- i rarely see mech sized industrial npcs on alpha... first spawn i see on beta is... termis npcs

where is the "reward" the same?

Annihilator wrote:
Mark Zima wrote:

why is that an issue? Their goal is to kill you. your goal is to kill them.
It seems like its a fact that you cannot satisfy all player. Some weeks ago, i think it was a 62nd member, but im not sure, someone complained that NPCs are running away or hiding behind indestructible objects.

Jibril mazit wrote:

...whit exsacly the same reward

hmm,
- i rarely see mech sized industrial npcs on alpha... first spawn i see on beta is... termis npcs

where is the "reward" the same?

First i gota ask have u Npced on beta and may i ask how long ago it was??

Second for all those who say beacon farming is better on beta yeah it used to be epic but now it relly isnt cause of the new AI

/  No it relly isnt

/ this means? more npc? higher lvl? if thats the case then no

/ tbh any one can fit a masked Ewar and go there

/ relly?

/ not true Npc spread out and  then walk directly on topp of u

oh u talking abouth roaming spawns? im pretty sure alphas have them to. also the beta Is have some bronze mechs here and there sure that is kinda diffrent from alpha but what does it matter when becons can be brught back to alpha and done 100% safe from exsplotion