Topic: Hualing Contract Cubes [HCC]

These are purchased from the market, and come in various sizes to fit the different haulers.

You place the destination and price you are paying on the box, and fill it with whatever you like, and place it on the market or using a shipping menu interface.

Anyone can come to the outpost and ask to take the job, at which point they get a generic mission type cube of the appropriate size, and can take it to the destination and hand it in.

[science bit]
Each cube DOES NOT CONTAIN the items, just a bunch of complex quantum mechanics jiggery pokery, that allows the real cube to be teleported to the destination on completion of the job.
[/science bit]

What does this mean?
(1) People can place hauling assignments to get their stuff moved easily and safely by other people
(2) Multiple people can race to compete the exact same contract, only the first person to activate the device at the far end gets the reward.
(3) Cannonball Run style events across beta islands could be organised using the system and small containers.
(4) Your cargo can not be stolen by the person hauling it.
(5) Loosing the hauler does not mean the cargo is lost, so no griefing.
(6) People could use the system to 'insure' their own cargo by putting up and taking a hauling contract themselves, reducing the risks of beta hauling.

Now people might think it sucks, or that arguments 4,5,6 are too bad for a sandbox game and so don't want it or whatever, but perhaps something based off this could be added. The current system of 'large sell order here and large buy order there' is pretty inefficient market-wise, and places the risk entirely on the hauler, and there are no other mechanics in place (besides their existence) that recognise the importance of hauling in the game.

2 (edited by Syrissa 2012-01-17 14:10:18)

Re: Hualing Contract Cubes [HCC]

can be very easy abused. you haul your own or your corpmates cube. no risk in transportation anymore. the stuff can not be lost.

+1 for normal contracts like STeve. place a insurence pay for the hauler if oyu dont want it stolen or fear destruction.

Such cubes should contain stuff but they should be password-protected. Insurance is good but hard to implement to prevent any exploits etc.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Have to agree with Syr, as much as I like the idea, Perp is a FFA loot system.

If the hauler is killed, the cargo needs to be a reward for the pirate.

its just missing the "mark as criminal" mechanic. that alone would solve many issues.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

MrCeeJ wrote:

These are purchased from the market, and come in various sizes to fit the different haulers.

You place the destination and price you are paying on the box, and fill it with whatever you like, and place it on the market or using a shipping menu interface.

Anyone can come to the outpost and ask to take the job, at which point they get a generic mission type cube of the appropriate size, and can take it to the destination and hand it in.

[science bit]
Each cube DOES NOT CONTAIN the items, just a bunch of complex quantum mechanics jiggery pokery, that allows the real cube to be teleported to the destination on completion of the job.
[/science bit]

What does this mean?
(1) People can place hauling assignments to get their stuff moved easily and safely by other people
(2) Multiple people can race to compete the exact same contract, only the first person to activate the device at the far end gets the reward.
(3) Cannonball Run style events across beta islands could be organised using the system and small containers.
(4) Your cargo can not be stolen by the person hauling it.
(5) Loosing the hauler does not mean the cargo is lost, so no griefing.
(6) People could use the system to 'insure' their own cargo by putting up and taking a hauling contract themselves, reducing the risks of beta hauling.

Now people might think it sucks, or that arguments 4,5,6 are too bad for a sandbox game and so don't want it or whatever, but perhaps something based off this could be added. The current system of 'large sell order here and large buy order there' is pretty inefficient market-wise, and places the risk entirely on the hauler, and there are no other mechanics in place (besides their existence) that recognise the importance of hauling in the game.

numbers 1 thru 6--- HELL NO!

Enough 0 risk for reward ideas..........:fuuu:

Contracts would be a nice addition.

Inappropriate signature.

i dont like the pasword protected stuff. if you have a box in your truck and you get payed to deviver that box then you can always steal it. if the box is of metal and has a password lock and i still want to steal it then i have enough potions to open it by force or with skill. that is not a real protection. as i say.

if you want to be sure that your 10.000.000 worth hauling reaches its place then let them pay an insurence of that sum. and yes you can abuse that. if they rute takes you to beta and the box has basicly nothing in it and you shoot your own howler then hell yea made a lot of cash.

but the transportation contracts schould be not annonymos... so things like that will be very fast known. besides that stuff should not work with trial accounts.

thats the box in the sand. or was it the other way around?

abusing should be possible in some limited ways. if everyone involved has a choice.

So whats the problem? You get tha password-protected package, paid the insurance. While hauling, decide to steal and hack it, okay. Spent a day or two to bruteforce then voila! got some crap cost lesser than insurance big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Annihilator wrote:

its just missing the "mark as criminal" mechanic. that alone would solve many issues.

Why must you always call me a criminal for killing haulers Anni? I never laid one Em slug on any of your things.

+1 for the Idea

-1 on the its not really there Idea as loseing your bot + your crap or someone elses is your punishment for being dumb and getting caught. With the new crazy Teleports just haveing some one move my market ordered crap from hersh to tellesis would be great.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Ohohoho I see some brilliant ide here:

"[science bit]
[/science bit]"

Now I dont see any problem with that, you can packages what you want and then just put on the market to the "teleporter (complex quantum mechanics jiggery pokery)" for this package. Somebody will deliver the teleporter and when you will there you can "activate" teleport and your package will be there or who delivered can activate too.

Why is good, because somebody kill who hauling your "teleporter" your package is in the safe place. And new "teleporter" will be putted on the market.

You can use this in your corp also. Just put your "teleporter" in your corp storage and ...

Dont need any password, I cant see now any problem with that.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

How about vacuum tubes that people can put items int the vacuum canister and place in the right tube to ship to a different island outpost.

Make the tubes part of the landscape so people can see the packages going down the tubes. Put a special module in game that allows people to intercept the package? Of course the interception would be chance based..

N/A just kidding.

Yeah a contract system like what stEVE has would be very welcome to this game.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Contracts +1. Not just for hauling, for buying stuff from someone in a different station too.

No risk -1. Theres no risk on Alpha anyway, giving a way of moving stuff on and off Beta Islands risk free is BAAAAAAD.