Topic: Random ideas to discuss

1. Movement and accumulator - moving such heavy robots needs alots of power for sure. So here is what I think: movement should use energy from accu. Aspects that can affect that amount - speed (more energy to move faster), weight (more energy to move heavier robot).

2. Reactor load and accu recharge - more load you have, more time it needs to recharge your accu.

3. Orbital strike - easiest way to implement AoE stuff. Should be hardly restricted - limited amount of launches per day, high cost of charges f.e.

4. Separated facilities - on one outpost there can be recycle/refinery ONLY, on another - factory/prototyping, etc.

Discuss.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Random ideas to discuss

1. Movement and AP recharge would make sense but would be hard to add.

2. Reactor and Recharge makes sense too but would be unfair in balance as it would mean fitting T2 would give a bonus to recharge and on shields that's not a good idea.

3. Like a Plasma Bomb but fired over a distance. Nothing from Orbit unless the corporation has launched a satellite. (PBS Request)

5. Lower AP recharge when shields are activated

More land mass, I don't want to be able to roam every pvp island in an hour!

1 & 2--- nothing but a huge nerf to ACC so I give this a big ole NO! Blue and Yellow already have enough ACC issues without making it so they can't move while firing.

3-- Seems a bit too themeparkish. AOE needs to come from bots with pilots controlling them. The idea of orbital strikes also completely eliminates a non-outpost holding corp from having the weapons. It just excludes the PLAYER portion of the game way too much.

4-- That requires that you own more then one outpost on the same island or blue up half the server just for facilities. It is bad enough hauling in loads of titan ore. Last thing that needs to happen is to have to haul the ore,refine, then haul all the mats to a different outpost and then haul the finished product back to your corp base........

5 (for Alex)-- If you want to "balance" shields all you have to do is give the shields resistances that mirror the bot's and change hardeners to be damage specific.

6-- More land... Not yet... More players first then a huge +1 on this.

7-- Nerf ERP.

Inappropriate signature.

1. No
2. No
3. No - There are already about less then one major engagement per day anyway, you want to add a "WIN" button to those?
4.I actually like that Idea, but its a major pain in the ***.  Would rather see the ability to build them, have also have the ability for them to be destroyed.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Another one - kind of virtual arena (yes again lol)

Here is how I see it: players make assignments for one or another faction, collecting special reward points (SRP) (or can be based on relations too). When entering the virtual arena (something like Omega island), they can choose any bot and stuff accordingly to their SRP or standings (may be wasteable too) without any other restrictions (like black bots).

This may allow ppl to test stuff (and DEVs too - any new thingie can be pre-tested there first), try a bot, etc.

the seperated facilities topic comes up really often lately...

if it comes with a rebalance of equip, so if i choose laser mech driver that i can fully equip my robot with stuff i can produce on thelodica islands - well, its ok.

arena:
as long as 50% of the playerbase consists of grief-whores, arena is a non-sandbox feature, since you cannot kill someone there and cause him to ragequit or so...

orbital strike... why orbit? Artillery is enough...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Artillery is still in progress, bombs seems aren't too much useful for pvp, but AoE is really necessary from time to time, thats why I'm thinking about orbital strikes.

Separated facilities have nothing to do with your robot race. Look at the current facilities on old alphas - you have better repair/recycle on one station, better prototype/factory on another, etc. My idea is almost the same, just remove all but those "better facilities" on betas.

Arena - those points you use to "buy" your arena robot may work as tokens in Syndicate Shop now. So you should grind missions to use arena.

Line wrote:

1. Movement and accumulator - moving such heavy robots needs alots of power for sure. So here is what I think: movement should use energy from accu. Aspects that can affect that amount - speed (more energy to move faster), weight (more energy to move heavier robot).

2. Reactor load and accu recharge - more load you have, more time it needs to recharge your accu.

3. Orbital strike - easiest way to implement AoE stuff. Should be hardly restricted - limited amount of launches per day, high cost of charges f.e.

4. Separated facilities - on one outpost there can be recycle/refinery ONLY, on another - factory/prototyping, etc.

Discuss.

No, just...no. As to why, should be obvious

1 - ap nerf favoring geen heavily
2 - same as 1
3 - Easy button, no counter, this is not Command and Conqueor
4 - Already limited by outpost upgrade points

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!