Topic: ZOMG!!! You call this an avatar?

So alright I am a new player and this sandbox mmo is very unique to me. I have tried to play even online about 2 years ago and the first thing I did in game was uninstall because the switch from killing, getting exp, and lvling up was too much for me to handle. Now am back to find this game and am actually starting to enjoy it. Been here for one week and my only complaint so far was this damn Avatar!

As a newbie here I almost stop playing right when I saw that avatar because I didn't want a butt ugly person as my avatar. Of course I pushed though and noticed I was actually a MECH and not a person ,but still eve is the same game and theirs is 9001x better so I don't want to hear it shouldn't be nice looking. fuuu

Off all the games I have ever played before this has to be one of the most worst looking character creation by far. It honestly looks like play-doh, something from a Gumby movie. Like i know your avatar isn't really in the game anyway but I am big on looks. When I log in I see this terrible looking guy than this Kick *** looking mech. Seems the best way to have a good looking avatar is to make the background REALLY REALLY DARK so you can even see your dude. Personally I would rather there not be an avatar and when I log in I wonder, Man why is there no avatar? Than switch to HOLY BALLS!!?!?! MY MECH IS AWESOMEE!!!!!

Does the Dev team have any intention to change this avatar system or just take it out lol, because personally anything would be better than what it is now.

I will end with saying just because the avatar system sucks I am still going to pay and play this game just wondering if they are going CHANGE it and how long would I have to wait to be beautiful again.

Sorry for long post, but i know you forum lurkers have nothing better to do. yarr

Re: ZOMG!!! You call this an avatar?

NukingKing is PinkNfluffy wrote:

Sorry for long post, but i know you forum lurkers have nothing better to do. yarr

Quoted for the truth of it lol

It is on their list of todo's, but not a high priority

Industrial Junkie

I kinda like the goofy looking avatars smile
You rarely see them anyways, and there's a lot more important things for the small dev team to work on IMO.

Honestly they should just do a "Hello Kitty Online" style sprite that we can dress up.

allow you to import your own face

i get what the OP is saying when i first started perpetuum i nearly lol'd & exited the game hehehe... but really avatars r not important & now ive grown to like em a bit smile so have some fun with em & then forget about them tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Nuking is best fluffy!

On a side note: It took EVE quite a bit of time before it had decent looking avatars. They look fantastic now, but they run on a completely different 3d Engine.

Playdough looking avatars look like Playdough.