Topic: Include loaded ammo in chassis scanners

This is mainly for NPCs but would also be interesting in PVP.

There is no way to tell what an enemy will fire until they fire. I don't think it should be easy to tell but I do think there should be an option to find out.

NPCs by name use the same ammo type but telling new players to look at a list or some pictures seems like a bad idea when we could be teaching new players to find out.

Saying the colour of the ammo tells you doesn't cut it either as it's one method but some people are colour blind while others can't tell the colour of some slugs. Building the knowledge over time is what's needed but throwing new players in at the deep end isn't always helping. smile

Re: Include loaded ammo in chassis scanners

how about merging chassis and cargo scanner into one for this... and putting some ammo into the npc cargos?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yes. Merge the module together and give a much better UI system.
Modules (Head, Chassis, Leg) and include loaded ammo and items in Cargo.
Accuracy should be 100% on all modules but range be 300m on the standard and 360m on the T4. Fall off of 100m. 120m on T4
Low fitting requirements and a unique module?

I dislike unique modules and fitting multiple will have no real benefit but it fits with the stream of NOT using diminishing returns.

So +1 to Anni's idea and +1 to diminishing returns on fitting multiple modules.

you know, scanner got the unique status because of the related missions -> which isnt the issue anymore, since each npc just count once towards the mission goal, and you have to kill some... if you still find any mission that asks you just to scan a robot.

IMHO the current scan ranges are to short for practical use in PvP.

on the "readability" of those scans should be worked, yes, but also on the ability to store a scan (printscreen...)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear