Topic: Specimen SAP balanced?

Hi guys!

I just want to ask, what do you think specimen processing is balanced now? compared to other SAP -s ?

here is the problem:
Specimen processing need more knowladge, more time to do it than other SAP s.

Specimen processing need 4 things to bring to SAP. For noobies that is really dont known what need that SAP, so they maybe try to bring 4 times to things, so they cant do this in 1 hour in effectiveness.
The real problem is not every outpost have these ultimate hard acceptable SAP for newbies (ok that not so hard if you want attack somebody to real fight but nwbise would like to do if they can)

Here my idea for solution:

Make a special thing for specimen SAP what has 80 U space and you can bring it just in a Sequer there can be 10 variation of these and the SAP need 1 at once. So you always need to go ther check what need and bring a sequer. That is accaptable in 30-40 mintue like other SAP -s.

So if you want to do this for sure need 10 sequer or 3 LIthus and 1 sequer or 1 Scarab big_smile and 1 sequer.

What about that idea?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Specimen SAP balanced?

IMO better to remove specimen completely, and reduce all other sap time to 30 min.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

3 (edited by Ville 2012-01-06 17:33:16)

I like the setup as is.  I think a specimen should have more weight such as 35 point value.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I may be forgetting something, but I think the SAPs are balanced OK now.

If you own the outpost, and the a SAP times out, you get the points right?

As an attacker, the passive SAP is very easy to take, and hard to defend.
As an attacker, the speciman SAP is very hard to take, and easy to defend.

The other (2) saps, active and destructive SAPs don't favor attack or defense as much, but are more dependant on the strength of either side.

Because of the higher point value on the spec SAP, it can have a much bigger impact on helping an attacking team that is specifically trying to take ownership of an outpost, hence is should be harder to complete. But the point difference isn't so hight that if the outpost isn't really being defended, an attacking team can't take ownership by simply doing the other (3); yes, it will take them longer.

If players are just out roaming looking for some PVP fun, there are lots of outposts having active SAP's. It really doesn't make sense to change spec. SAP for those few random times when they happen to be the only thing active while a group is out pvp roaming.

tl;dr- Spec SAP is balanced as part of the group of (4) SAPs, as it relates to trying to Take or Hold an outpost. It shouldn't be rebalanced to make it more attrative as a roaming PVP objective.

All was said already in I2.0 thread. Don't feel like repeating it.

6 (edited by Alexadar 2012-01-06 19:43:17)

I want to remove SAPs and add sort of shield, what covering OP in not prime-time. Or sort of. So attackers choosing time to attack

i suggest to nerf ERP. smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Outpost owners: Want to change system to make defending outpost easier

Outpost Attacker: Want to change system to make taking SAP's easier

Sounds like it's balanced, if both sides think it needs to be changed.

what? the sacrifical altar is not balanced? At least it doesn't ask for blood sacrifices

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Hunter wrote:

+1 Nerf ERP

Ville wrote:
Hunter wrote:

+1 Nerf ERP

QFT  fuuu:fuuu::fuuu:

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Hunter wrote:

Needs nerf NOW.

+1

Nerf Beta as well...OP bastards!

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Yes Epriton on Beta is over abundant.  We need a general reduction of 90% of all Epriton in beta.

Hunter wrote:

+1

Assult bot the new TITAN

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Inda wrote:

Hi guys!
Here my idea for solution:

Make a special thing for specimen SAP what has 80 U space and you can bring it just in a Sequer there can be 10 variation of these and the SAP need 1 at once. So you always need to go ther check what need and bring a sequer. That is accaptable in 30-40 mintue like other SAP -s.

So if you want to do this for sure need 10 sequer or 3 LIthus and 1 sequer or 1 Scarab big_smile and 1 sequer.

What about that idea?

A creative and probably workable solution.  Perhaps you would need to add some kind of 'feeding the SAP' time so that it can't be completed instantly.

Removing it all together should work too.

An even simpler solution would be to publish the list of items and quantitates required.  I suppose players would eventually compile one of these themselves anyway.

The specimen processing sap really stands apart from the others in the sense that doing it requires some serious advanced planning and preparation.  I see it as a significant advantage to have one of those on your outpost.  Whether thats intended or not is up to the devs i guess.

p.s. Can we have some (self) moderation here please?  Half the posts in this topic are simply spam.  I mean come on, your are not even trolling, my cat trolls better than that sad

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines  I just say thank you !

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Takeo Prime wrote:

IT IS A FREEKING MMO SANDBOX!  Stop all the little girl whinning please!

^^

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...