1 (edited by Inspiration 2011-12-27 02:56:51)

Topic: Split loot evenly into several stacks or containers

You got a whole bunch of loot and want to divide it N ways, say plasma, kernels, beacons and loot reprocessed into materials. It currently is quite a time consuming and mind numbing process. There are a few ways this can be improved:

1. Create a new version of the unstack option, one that also works when selecting multiple stacks and have the user fill in the number of stacks (aka how many ways it is split among squad members). Result, multiple stacks of equal amounts and the remainders in their own smaller stacks.

2. Something similar, but now by selecting both the items and two or more EMPTY terminal containers. What would be individual stacks under option 1 now goes automatically into an empty container without the need to specify how many stacks are required as that is always equal to the amount of selected empty containers. The remainder, as before will stay in the private storage.

Another "version" of this method, could use corporation storage folders and the main corporation storage. But since players also store stuff in those they wont be empty and a corporation would need to make a bunch of dedicated folders for this in some cases.

The second option is more advanced IMHO and is less clutter, thus easier to move all that is for player A to a folder for player A etc. No need to select individual stacks after the split, which would also still be annoying.

2 (edited by Stephanie 2011-12-27 11:43:03)

Re: Split loot evenly into several stacks or containers

When dragging a stack to a cargohold and the whole stack doesn't fit:

Auto open the split stack window with the maximum number of items that will fit in said cargohold already entered.

And a possibility to stack in field container.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

4 (edited by Inspiration 2012-01-02 16:05:52)

I wonder if the idea has been understood. But after a beacon party last night I was busy for almost an hour just to split loot. A few minutes could have sufficed with the changes I propose, it has this much of an impact!

Inspiration wrote:

I wonder if the idea has been understood. But after a beacon party last night I was busy for almost an hour just to split loot. A few minutes could have sufficed with the changes I propose, it has this much of an impact!

Right Click-->select all-->recycle

There made it easier for you...........

Inappropriate signature.

Inspiration wrote:

I wonder if the idea has been understood.

I understood you alright. I was just suggesting something else on a similar topic rather than create another thread, as was Line. Great suggestion btw Line, that one really annoys me.