Topic: Rockets

What I propose is a new weapon type for Green.

Rockets would be a higher alpha DPS then regular missiles, however, the LOS restrictions would apply.

So as with EM's, and Lasers you will have to have LOS to hit your target.

This would ADD a major spice to Green as well as BLUE.  As blue would have a better option to fit more DPS on the Kain, thus buffing it, with out adding speed, or tank-ability.

Rockets would have short and long range ammo, however, the range would NOT be near the 900 meter max range of missiles, it would lay somewhere in the middle.

If this is implemented I would like to see a different skin to the actual launchers, again, just to add a spice to the game.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Re: Rockets

i had a similar idea once. but i thought it would be senceless because i think the devs would never make such drastic combat mechanic changes.

my idea was similar, but with a bit more details.

1.: green bots would have another gun type as main weapons (whatever that will be)
2.: missiles would be for all races. some bots would have more some would have less.
3.: bonuses of the bots would always habe their gun plus missiles
4.: missiles would have higher burst as guns but lower dps.

that means missiles would have very slow rate of fire. but each hit would hurt a lot more then any gun.

so whats the benefit of that?
1.: rockets would make sense on most damage bots. even with guns fitted. (see kain for example)
2.: it would make sense to learn both weapon types. so it will be more for a long time goal.
3.: have way bigger bot diversty
       - bots with only guns (highest dps)
       - bots with guns and few missiles
       - bots with more missles than guns
       - bots with only missiles (high burst low dps) [or maybe that not ^^]
       or any combination that may make sence. maybe even some diverity over the races

so this would bring a hole new aspekt to the game. not only dps and los.
as i said it would be important that the rof of misiles would be very low (something around 5 times slower that guns) or something around that. you would need to test that so that missles would not instant pop bots in group fights.

having tis it might bring intresting tactial elements. so when and where to fire the missles, then if a few players do it, that might bring faster results. independent from gun fire.

as i said that an idea. that i think would be great. but thats just an idea. so i give the op a
+1
with no hope that this will ever happen. then this would require a total reballance of every bot every gun every missle. all weapon skills would have to be reseted ... and so on. this would be a major chnage in the game.

torpedoes)

Alexadar wrote:

torpedoes)

Make Torps be the "Large" version of rockets. : )

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

5 (edited by Lobo 2011-12-26 12:21:10)

I thought this was planned RPGs? Grenade launchers... Most RPGs are LOS so I would put a +1 on this I also like Syrissa Idea on makeing missiles a non-bonus Item

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

These will go well along with LOS-ignoring lasers. And probably LOS-ignoring EM guns too, because your BLUE argument is invalid.

we dont get grenade launchers (syndicate) because the Nuimqol, Thelodica and Pelistal counterparts are not ready yet.

difference between grenade and current missiles: grenades are not homing, but AoE. They got a steep Arc of Sight, but if your target is moving you wont land a direct hit.

syrissa - thats to complicated thinking. remove weapon damage bonus from any bot = what you want. Kain, artemis having two missile slots, arbalest and baphomet each one, even yagel and prometheus having them. why dont you use them?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

8 (edited by Syrissa 2011-12-26 20:44:50)

Annihilator wrote:

syrissa - thats to complicated thinking. remove weapon damage bonus from any bot = what you want. Kain, artemis having two missile slots, arbalest and baphomet each one, even yagel and prometheus having them. why dont you use them?

because ist is stupid senseless.

kain:
4 guns 2 missiles.
missiles do less dmg than em guns.
if you want missiles you have to skill them. so lot of ep to spend
so what do you get for the ep?
2 weapons that dont get any boni from the bot itself.
what does it cost. a lot. try to fit 4 ems and 2 missiles on a kain then try to add a tank. if you dont have absolutly high end skills then you will find that you can not fit much in either low or high slots. and im not even talking about a T4 fit...

so lets say you have the skills you can fit it (that would even be harder then fit a messmer).
lets keep it moderate lets say you have advanced robotics 8. then you have a 40% modifier missing on your missiles. so you have 2 of 6 weapons that my be worth half or max one em gun in firepower.
and you still have to cut down on high slots (dps and range) or low slots (tank).
and you dont get any boni from em-weapon tunings...

and now you can ask again why i dont fit them. basicly because its not worth it.

if oyu can fit diffrent weapon categorys on a bot then give that bot the boni for both weapons. then it might be woth for some builds to fit it. atm its not worth it.

p.s.: my pve arbalest (for killing small bots) that has not seen the sun in the last month or so, has a missile launcher fitted. but that was more for fun (and for style) then for any real benefit.

but im not talking only about the kain. thats simply an example because its a bot i can pilot and so i know more about then about a artemis or a tyrannos.
but its about these bots as well. so that it might make sence to fit 2 guns on a tyrannos, and so on.

and last thing. when this comes then we will need universal weapon tunings. and not the ones that bring only half as the standart, because then it will be senseless again to fit more than one weapon category...

9 (edited by 0110011100001111001010001 2011-12-26 20:49:48)

See I want the new Rockets to be basically just like missions, but with LOS restrictions and a bit higher DPS.

Without "splash" were opening a new can of worms with this grenade launcher idea.

G-Launchers would be nice...but it seems a bit artillery-ish for me.

Just Sayin

Syrissa wrote:

... Wall of text

i wonder why some guys never get the rhetorical questions.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Syrissa wrote:

... Wall of text

if you dant want a answer then dont ask.
if you dont want to read a lot dont post in in feature discussion
this is not for your personal fun, its to discuss the perpetuum features and ideas
and yes some things are complex so its gets long

Annihilator wrote:
Syrissa wrote:

... Wall of text

Same reason they post fail ideas Anni.......

Inappropriate signature.

Still would like feedback on this topic.  It has some good possibility's within the game world.

Just Sayin

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

Still would like feedback on this topic.  It has some good possibility's within the game world.

I would like more variety all around (for other colors to)

+1

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I like WaterMelons, Can we have a melon launcher too?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1 for adding major damage to a green mech that can:

have a massive shield tank
if fit properly its tank can not be broken in 1 v 1 with another combat mech
can nuet/drain and kill you without taking a bit of damage
has absolutely no need for acc except to shield tank...

Just for giggles why not just give it a doomsday weapon so it can insta pop everything........

* sarcasm off *

Inappropriate signature.

+1 doomsday ray

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Returning to this topic...Scy Brought up the point of having a WTF awesome Shield tank with awesome damage.

Solution?  Make them use as much ACC as lasers.

Just a thought...or make the fittings different.

I still hold hope for this idea...

Just Sayin

19 (edited by Sundial 2012-02-18 20:51:07)

+1 for rockets.

Rockets would need some kind of drawback to be ballanced.... maybe make the fitting requirements of rockets much higher than missiles. Or make their explosion size very big (12 or so) so they are only effecient at hitting bigger targets and their weight heavier than launchers.

Also you could call them "Plasma Launchers" and make them use accumulator, like that idea to.

Annihilator wrote:

we dont get grenade launchers (syndicate) because the Nuimqol, Thelodica and Pelistal counterparts are not ready yet.

Autocannons/Machine guns say hello.

Rockets? Aren't rockets smaller than missiles?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Rockets? Aren't rockets smaller than missiles?

In that case, make them have a lower alpha, but much higher rate of fire.

the way they are requested in this topic, they would be nothing different then magnetic guns or autocannos.

another different gfx for something that is a 1:1 copy of already existing modules?

i doubt that it would add anything to the game except more balancing cries.

Annihilator wrote:

the way they are requested in this topic, they would be nothing different then magnetic guns or autocannos.

another different gfx for something that is a 1:1 copy of already existing modules?

i doubt that it would add anything to the game except more balancing cries.

You missed one important detail, they use a different slot type.

EM Guns and Lasers, 1:1 copy... Machine Guns and Gause Guns 1:1 copy...

Just because an item already exists in a certain form doesn't mean it can't be added in a new form...

We already have the artemis, why do we need the Kain?

Well every race has a short and long range option, Green do it with ammo instead of weapons, making them, at least in theory more useful (whether the ammo options are balanced or not is a different question). They also have utility slots which can take a wider variety of modules than other races, including guns, so I really fail to see the need for them to have another weapons system, unless as someone mentioned you make missiles another unbonused weapon like ACs and give Green a completely new weapon system, but that seems like a big job and, well I'm not really sure what the benefit would be.