Topic: Hello, former EVE Pilot

Hey everyone,

Former EVE-O player here. I've done some reading on the forums and I see I'm not the only one. My Story: I played EVE Online for a year. I enjoyed it for the most part, but there was definitely things I'd change. I especially hated the community to the point I only had a few people I spoke to. My EVE-O career came to an abrupt halt when I was inexplicably banned. I never used a bot, I never RMT'd, I never hacked or exploited. The GMs are refusing to answer my petitions and I've debated calling CCP themselves (I found their number). But I was doing some thinking: Do I even want to play EVE Online anymore?

P-O seems to have many of the same things I loved about EVE-O, but the community seems to be a bit better. There's a learning curve that seems to be steeper than your average MMORPG. It's an open-ended sandbox where you can pretty much go in any direction you want. The "extension" system is very similar to what I'm used to - in fact, this game is a perfect alternative to EVE-O. I dare say that if the P-O Devs step up and start advertising this game, P-O will definitely be the next big Sci-Fi MMORPG.

Things I Like about P-O: Almost everything. The graphics are crisp and everything seems fresh.

Things I'd Change about P-O: Agent avatars need a revamping. Also robots. Mechs are cool. Robots are silly. I'd rather be in a badass looking mech *vehicle* than mind-linked to a silly robot. But this is a small trade-off to be here in the beginning of what is probably going to be the next awesome game.

I understand this game is only a year old, and that excites me: That means there's still room for new players, and still room for the game to grow and develop.

Anyway it's nice to meet you all and I hope to have fun with you in game.

(Also, is there open territory that players can claim, build their own bases, or where PvP is automatically flagged?)

Re: Hello, former EVE Pilot

Beta islands have outposts that can be owned by players, and they to a significant extent own the territory, to where you will probably get killed if you wander onto their islands.
There will however be a POS system around some point, possible this spring.
You can also always get shot on these beta islands.
Another interesting feature that will probably come in at one point is terraforming.

To your point about avatars, my personal experience is that I havn't really looked at my avatar for a few months. I don't really care about them.

Welcome, coming from Eve you will feel right at home, but with a much friendlier community. There are PVP islands FFA where you can claim your own outposts (no P.O.S yet) defend it and reap the rewards. Non-pvp islands you can flag yourself PVP by pressing a button, so unlike eve, its safe.

RIP PERPETUUM

Excellent, thank you for the replies.

I'm going to be gone this weekend (Christmas) but once I get back, if any new players want to team up and do some assignments and industry-type stuff with me, let me know.

Welcome to Perpetuum!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

6 (edited by Arga 2011-12-23 19:05:18)

Welcome!

The community has been scolded a number of times for the use of PO, the devs keep insisting they named the game Perpetuum and not Perpetuum online, but it has online right there in the urls... smile

In any case, being good neighbors, we typically just refer to the game as Perp, which sounds like old cop show slang, but less of a mouth full then Perpetuum!

Be sure to post on the recruitment thread with the type of corp you're looking for and your normal play times, see you in Nia o/

Edit: can't Post until after you sub that is

welcome ^^

Hey thanks for the warm welcome! I start a blog to chronicle my journeys in Perp.

http://perpetuumj.blogspot.com/

Welcome, watch out for the trolls!  They lurk everywhere wink

Mr J wrote:

Hey thanks for the warm welcome! I start a blog to chronicle my journeys in Perp.

http://perpetuumj.blogspot.com/

Seeing the old screenshot of being docked in terminal makes me miss the old fitting window.

Also I was not in Closed Beta when they had the old dock view. But I have to say I still like how it looks instead of the new desktop look we have now.

But the new one fits the background story etc.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Jelan wrote:

But deep down inside the trolls just want a hug!  *hugs Jelan*

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Jelan wrote:

But deep down inside the trolls just want a hug!  *hugs Jelan*

Get your hands of me you dirty stinking ape - in my best charlton voice

Ahh I can't get into your blog, it says invite only :<