Topic: [IDEA] Rental bots :D

Before or after corp bases are implemented, we have pvp focused corps and indy, etc. My friend suggested corporation rented robots, another boost to corp tax or income because of the severe lack in my opinion of taxation only available from missions.

Anywho before i get off topic, this discussion led us to thinking about RENTING robots from other corps. It might be something great for those players who enjoy games for the marketing aspect, I for one do.

Some ideas to go along with this might be after player corps are put in, the potential renter pulls up to your station, goes inside, and along with other facilities, it has a rental area where people can select what they want to rent, along with the fittings for it.

Attach some sort of collateral to the robot or have the players set it so it prices along side the market.

Allow us to set price on rental to be competative, but still be profitable for the person renting out. (its supposed to be a competative market big_smile)

I think there would be another good extention for politics / trading folks who seem to have a particular lack of extentions unlike weaponry or industry/mining.

sorry if my wording is strange, im tired lol.

Re: [IDEA] Rental bots :D

Its definitely an interesting idea. I kinda like it. Maybe have them come pre-fit so the fittings become part of the renting deal? (IE, I'd still have a reason to rent a baphomet even if I own one because this one has awesome T4 fittings).

Make these facilities in the beta islands so you can always blow someone up for their delicious collateral big_smile

yeah beta, or corp islands if/when they get put in.

I say they can rent fittings and robots separately so they can fit it how they want.

Possible Benefits...
-Politic/trading folks would have a reason to skill up reduced insurance prices and extended insurance.
-A good market for goods to keep trade flowing smoothly.

The owners would insure the bots, and set the collateral. The buyer agrees on the service, pays the rental fee and the collateral, if it blows up, the renter is out his collateral, and the owner is insured, and has extra collateral money to make some small margin profit. The reason the owner should set the prices, is to keep the market competitive.

< The friend, lol

Possibly a flat rate to rent, or a per day charge.

If the robot is  not returned within (so much time) of what time is paid for running out, the mech is returned to the home terminal of the last operator, and mail sent to the corp where to pick it up.

If robot sucessfully returned, maybe a portion of the collateral is paid back to them. Amount returned depends what it takes to repair the robot, ammo used up/not used up (if rented/rentable?) Like a deposit for an apartment you rent, incase damage is done that needs repairing.

If the robot ends up being destroyed while rented, they get no payments back. If parts are salvaged, maybe partial payment for those can be returned? minus repair fees of course.

Maybe have robots deteriorate over more and more rentals? Lower stats? Until they get to a certain point where you would then recycle them, refurbish them, something. Doing so, though, would probably have to implement some type of *durability* (yay D2!) system to all equipment/robots in the game. May be a little much.

The whole idea sounds like a lot of work for just 1 more facility in terminals. Maybe people have suggestions to simplify it in some way(s).

5 (edited by Stem 2010-12-08 08:40:13)

Stem wrote:

< The friend, lol

If the robot is  not returned within (so much time) of what time is paid for running out, the mech is returned to the home terminal of the last operator, and mail sent to the corp where to pick it up.

If robot sucessfully returned, maybe a portion of the collateral is paid back to them. Amount returned depends what it takes to repair the robot, ammo used up/not used up (if rented/rentable?) Like a deposit for an apartment you rent, incase damage is done that needs repairing.

If the robot ends up being destroyed while rented, they get no payments back. If parts are salvaged, maybe partial payment for those can be returned? minus repair fees of course.

Maybe have robots deteriorate over more and more rentals? Lower stats? Until they get to a certain point where you would then recycle them, refurbish them, something. Doing so, though, would probably have to implement some type of *durability* (yay D2!) system to all equipment/robots in the game. May be a little much.

The whole idea sounds like a lot of work for just 1 more facility in terminals. Maybe people have suggestions to simplify it in some way(s).

It's late and I'm dumb. Modules and stuff already have that rofl... Just would have to implement it into mechs themselves. That in turn would effect even people just using their own aswell, though. Good/bad, i have no idea.

% of collateral returned = total % of undamaged parts. 50% damages total = only 50% money back?

I can't really see how this would be worth it, especially considering that very few rental robots would be returned (or planned to be returned in the first place wink

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

I can't really see how this would be worth it, especially considering that very few rental robots would be returned (or planned to be returned in the first place wink

Did you not real other suggestions aswell?

Stem wrote:

< The friend, lol

"Would you like to buy death-by-M2S insurance?"

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki