Topic: Protected Forum Area

What about a spam and troll free forum area, where players who want to help the devs with constructive criticism, ideas, suggestions, ... ?

Nowadays it seems impossible to post a topic that is not filled with spam and trollings within a few hours.

How about a section of the forum, that is heavily moderated or to that only selected players have write access (all others will have read access...)?

Re: Protected Forum Area

Leid Wolf wrote:

What about a spam and troll free forum area, where players who want to help the devs with constructive criticism, ideas, suggestions, ... ?

Nowadays it seems impossible to post a topic that is not filled with spam and trollings within a few hours.

How about a section of the forum, that is heavily moderated or to that only selected players have write access (all others will have read access...)?

This is meant to be the entire forum.
However a lot of post have opinion, suggestions and trolls all in one so not every troll post is removed.

No,

IMHO there has to be a place where a player can vent it's anger.
But as it is now, every post is quickly burried by troll comments.

Leid Wolf wrote:

No,

IMHO there has to be a place where a player can vent it's anger.
But as it is now, every post is quickly burried by troll comments.

That only happens when the thread is crap from the start.........

And a big -1 to the idea of having elitist forum sections that only certain players can post. Your opinions and input on the subject of Perpetuum are in no way shape or form superior to mine.......

Inappropriate signature.

Well, who said you will be excluded from this area, or otherwise, why should I be one of those persons ?
Look at the topics in this forum. How many of them are positive, constructive?
The few that do, disappear in the flood of negativity.

Leid Wolf wrote:

Well, who said you will be excluded from this area, or otherwise, why should I be one of those persons ?
Look at the topics in this forum. How many of them are positive, constructive?
The few that do, disappear in the flood of negativity.

Discounting the recent rage quitting topics most topics contain debate---for and against---positive and negative...... well unless the topic was crap from the get go......

Excluding anyone from providing feedback (positive or negative) is complete crap much like your topic.....

Inappropriate signature.

thx for supporting my point

Leid Wolf wrote:

thx for supporting my point

The only thing you should expect with a topic such as yours is NEGATIVE feedback. I am also quite happy to be the one that delivers the negativity to this thread as I don't much appreciate you suggesting that the Devs need to actively condone discrimination based sections of the forums...

If you want constructive feedback please do the following:

Post a topic that isn't complete garbage
Take your white hood off

Inappropriate signature.

Troll 'em back! BE A MAN FFS!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Troll 'em back! BE A MAN FFS!

++1

Inappropriate signature.

Just to share some of my experience here: players are very different.

Some of them don't care for trolls, some of them like a good forum-brawl even; they are on one end of the spectrum.

And then there is the other end, players who take everything as trolling and offensive which they personally don't like, even sensible posts. They are the sensitive ones who think they have a good idea, and when someone comes with valid criticism, they just can't take it and stop posting ideas from then on because "the forums are full of trolls".

What I'm trying to say is that it's nearly impossible to apply a simple ruleset on such a wide spectrum of behaviours. There will always be some noise, we simply have to live with that.

(No offence intended; examples are fictitious, any similarity to actual players is purely coincidental.)

-.-

DEV Zoom wrote:

Just to share some of my experience here: players are very different.

Some of them don't care for trolls, some of them like a good forum-brawl even; they are on one end of the spectrum.

And then there is the other end, players who take everything as trolling and offensive which they personally don't like, even sensible posts. They are the sensitive ones who think they have a good idea, and when someone comes with valid criticism, they just can't take it and stop posting ideas from then on because "the forums are full of trolls".

What I'm trying to say is that it's nearly impossible to apply a simple ruleset on such a wide spectrum of behaviours. There will always be some noise, we simply have to live with that.

(No offence intended; examples are fictitious, any similarity to actual players is purely coincidental.)

man i wonder what personality type is most prevalent on the forums... smile

just remember if you dont like whats on the forums ...... http://www.gtfo.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/4511.jpg

fuuu

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

man i wonder what personality type is most prevalent on the forums... smile

Trolls and opportunistic or optimistic player, followed by whinatory majority

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear