Re: Outpost ganking

Nobody is putting anything out of the game or nerfing any bot. Hopefully you just won't be able to set enemy base as your home any longer after fix is in place.

It's only a problem because we're currently force to use these outposts as bases of operation for corps. I think this problem will become less of a nuisance once we can build our own outposts and corp/alliance operations shift towards operating out of those.

Best to leave the the current "seeded" outposts as is and just deal with the ganking. A timer placed on how often you can receive an free ark isn't such a bad idea though.

Set outpost corp standind required to set home.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

29 (edited by Jeronas 2010-12-08 08:54:31)

What I wonder most lately, is that now we only got like 500 people average online most of the time.

With such a small world as we got now (3 Alpha and 3 Beta Isles).

What will happen when we suddenly got 1000 or even 2000 people average online ?

This server and it's small world will simply not be able to handle it.

I mean. Already are the noob areas perma camped by Kernel farmers (this is a real issue atm).
And starter bot ganking going on on the Beta isles.

I don't think I even wanna know what will happen when double or tripple the amount of people suddenly come online.

EVE Online has the luxury of having (and pretty much had at launch already) hundreds of star systems.... and is so easily able to spread the increasing player load over all the star systems. People have the choice to move somewhere more quiet and evade the overpopulated (and often very laggy) systems.

This is not possible in PO!

So I think (if they game is going to grow) the devs will be faced with a decision very soon.

1. Either come up with the ability to expand the number of Isles real quick (both Alpha and Beta Isles) to handle increased player load.

or

2. Going for conventional multiple server model, to handle increased player load.

But either way. If nothing will be done, the game will be stuck at 500-1000 concurrent users. Any higher, and people will become fed up and quit. Stagnating the growth.
As you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what will happen, when all 6 isles become one big "Jita" !