1 (edited by Inspiration 2011-12-08 01:29:19)

Topic: A second (or spilit) log window for combat damage.

Currently damage messages are scrolling so fast when hit my multiple enemies, it is hard to spot your own delivered pain. And that is a loss that is so totally not needed.

I like to see one window for damage dealt, the other for damage received. Just a "Split" option would do really, so the window size can remain as is, and it just convert it into two horizontal sub-windows.

Likewise, turning of incoming damage  or outgoing damage individually would be nice as well. No need to change server side code, this is purely a client side representation!

Re: A second (or spilit) log window for combat damage.

Just add tabs to the combat log that the second tab just filters all entries starting with your name.

+1
And please add an option for including time stamps in the log (maybe client side if server side time stamps are too expensive)

Kampf Maus wrote:

+1
And please add an option for including time stamps in the log (maybe client side if server side time stamps are too expensive)

hmm, i dont get that one.

you know that your combat log is always written down on your HD if you didnt deactivate it manually.
the logs got date and starting time as filename, and exact time for each event written down.

theres a new log started for everytime you undock, teleport or whenever you see a loading screen...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

thx for the hint, with the log-files written to HD
- silly me, de-activated the option and forgot about it...I will have to re-check

I would find timestamps (minus the date) still useful before messages listed in my log, but thats just me smile.