Topic: Mission standing reward

Few days ago I was grinding lvl3 missions to obtain those faction sparks. I have diplomacy at 5 so they gave me good amount of standings first time, and then, when it was close to 4.01, they started to degrade ofc. "Aha!" - I've said, "If lvl3 missions give me 0.06 (or sorta) now, lvl4 should give alots still" so I've prepared and went to beta. I was making some combat missions on alpha before (for Matsuda standings), but for solo-running I've picked up the geoscanning one. That was not really hard ofc but risky still so I've expected good standings reward (diplomacy at 5, aha), when SUDDENLY I've got (surprise, surprice!) just 0.03!

So here is a question - OMG WTF? Is there a bug, and my diplomacy level didn't affected that mission, or its how it should be and I'm just doing something wrong? Cuz you know, there is no real reason to do those lvl4 missions cuz lvl3 ones give much more and are safer.

Ah, and yes, these lvl3 were old ones.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Mission standing reward

no it's normal, this is beta !!!  Still waiting the mision on beta+

You have to do the skilled exploitation or combat to have a descent relation reward

standing gain is not linear, nor is it intended to be.

its like leveling up a char in a regular RPG: you need 1000 XP to reach lvl2, but between lvl 2 and 3 you will need 1500 XP, from lvl3 to 4 it will be 4000 additional XP.

perp needs you to gain 1.00 relation to reach the next mission level, from 0 to 1, from 1 to 2, from 2 to 3 ...
to make progession decreasing, you will get less standing per higher mission.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Line wrote:

Cuz you know, there is no real reason to do those lvl4 missions cuz lvl3 ones give much more and are safer.

Level 3 missions stop giving rep around 4.3(ish), so after this point you have to do level 4 to make any reputation gain.

Since your already at level 4, your into the curve.

Level 5's should give more, try one of those. Level 5 geo scan missions are .... lets say, not easy to do solo.

there are lvl3 missions, and level 3 missions AFAIK wink

which ones are you talking about? (alpha 1 lvl3, and alpha 2 lvl3 missions)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Ok who don't have any diplomacy extension - how much standing does the lvl4 geoscanning mission give? at the beginning ofc.

Once again I should raise this issue, now with production assignments. I've made Meteora VII assignment, and i gve me +0.19 and I've passed 2.01 relations barrier. "Hmm, new lvl 3 assignments! They should be tasty!" - I've said. So I've started Helicon IV assignment, completed it and got (surprise, surprise!) just +0.07. Diplomacy at 0 on my indy char, so well... WTF? And btw Meteora VII keeps giving me +0.19 so...

about the diplomacy...

0.03 = y * 1.25
x  = y * 1.0

x= (0.03 / 1.25) * 1.0
x= 0.024

your answer - someone without diplomacy would get displayed 0.02 when doing that mission

Line wrote:

Once again I should raise this issue, now with production assignments. I've made Meteora VII assignment, and i gve me +0.19 and I've passed 2.01 relations barrier. "Hmm, new lvl 3 assignments! They should be tasty!" - I've said. So I've started Helicon IV assignment, completed it and got (surprise, surprise!) just +0.07. Diplomacy at 0 on my indy char, so well... WTF? And btw Meteora VII keeps giving me +0.19 so...

Its been awhile since I ran assignements, but your saying that you went from 1.0 to over 2.0 with just 6 level 2 missions?

.19 * 6 = 1.14

I had some relation in before so I've made just one or two missions lvl-2 to get lvl-3

That sounds like good news then, before the old level 2's only gave like .01-.03, so they have made it much easier to get reputation.

Seems like a big gap to go from .19 to .07 , but it wouldn't make much sense for the next lvl (3's) to give more rep then previous level (2's), or at level 6 you'd end up getting .75 per assignment smile

Moving to lvl 3 doesn't make sense then until the 2's drop to under .07; and same from 3 to 4.

I think its nice of them to make 1 to 3 so easy (compared to how it was).