Topic: Assignments Xerxes I and II problems

The first issue I had was Xerxes I requires a geoscanner and artefact charges, but it is not mentioned anywhere in the assignment. so after you have done the first 'go to A' part you get a surprise 'artefact scan here' part. Not sure about everyone else but I don't tend to rock about with a geoscanner, and didn't even have the required extensions to use Artefact ammo, so trying that quest was a bit of a waste of time.

After abandoning it I picked up Xerxes II, a simpler kill and recover quest. All going fine parts A to G, I found the bots, killed enough of them, looted an excess of quest items, returned to the interface and inserted a quest item. The next part (G) simply asks you to use the interface, however the waypoint is in the ground near the interface for F. The interface for F asks you to submit another container for the brief fraction of a second it is visible, before it closes agian (probably realising you have already done that part) and so there is no way to complete part G. I assumed they had simply put the waypoint in the wrong place but after exploring the area I found only one other terminal and it did nothing when I clicked it.

Anyway thanks for adding two new assignments, just make them completable and I'd be happy smile

(NOTE: Tickets were submitted at the time, just posting this to heads up everyone else)

Re: Assignments Xerxes I and II problems

While your at editing the assignment text...I would add a recommendation to use at least an assault bot for those missions. When I did such a mission with a trial char (I think the assignment was called Persephone IV) it did almost cost me my freshly aquired yagel, when as a result of the artifact scanning three npcs spawned. The necessity to fill the only headslot with a geoscanner did not really help in that fight...

3 (edited by MrCeeJ 2011-12-07 18:21:42)

Re: Assignments Xerxes I and II problems

GM NEXUORIS - 2011-12-06 12:59:23
Yes we are aware of this issue, it will be fixed.
The ticket status has been changed to: Resolved

Was on the support ticket for assignment II.