Topic: [Suggestion]Hi-Res[Higher Res] / HD Client

Just out of intrest with increase in Shader model coming in, I just wondering how many people would be interested in having a Hi-Res client.

Not saying anything is wrong with current textures but with systems as they are the potential to boost graphics with a re-sampling of the current textures I think would be nice. At least as an option with improved:

- Bot
- Landscape
- Water
- Vegetation
- Structions

I know its not just a straight forward thing to re-sample some of the textures but would be nice by 2nd aniversary to have a HD Client.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

2 (edited by Allmiel 2011-12-05 16:08:52)

Re: [Suggestion]Hi-Res[Higher Res] / HD Client

Why not give players chance to modify game textures like in Minecraft or Bethesda games? We create better textures and devs can focus on new stuff.

Allmiel wrote:

Why not give players chance to modify game textures like in Minecraft or Bethesda games? We create better textures and devs can focus on new stuff.

I like this idea but it sounds like it would be more effort. The Devs already have HD quality stuff but right now it's more limited to only a few robots at once else you'll fry the average computer. big_smile

well, first we need to move to the higher shader model, which is actually necessary to do HDR effects, normal mapping, some fancy particle effects, etc...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Allmiel wrote:

I'd rather them give us a way to build our own UI.