Re: Intrusion 2.0 Patch Feedback

Jetblack wrote:

and as for the 'weekenders' those that can't play during the working week but put insane hrs in at the weekend.. well its their deathknell... no matter how much effort they supply at the weekend... its now pointless.

This was not pointless before when intrusions could also be throughout the week?

The 8 to 16 cycle would be better changed to 12 to 24.
However yes, this is moving beta to a warfront rather than somewhere to live as miners will require a lot more guarding, island will be even more scouted by Arkhe alt (A problem that has needed fixing to a long time)

Why mine on beta what you can get on alpha has ALWAYS been an issue and it's even more so an issue with Titan being moved to Alpha.

It's a very nice update but it just doesn't feel fun..

Scyylla wrote:
Jetblack wrote:

i suspect the new intrusion system will force a major change in life on beta's.. where before corps/alliances fought for survival... it will now force these people to actively defend or leave beta's... the demand for actively assembling defence forces 3-4 times a day inall probability outside their normal gaming hours to defend a sap for a yet still a pointless outpost... will be too high given the very low population of beta inhabitants.

Beta's will effectively become a roaming culture only.

time to cry

Remember that works both ways. Will an outpost holding enemy be able to constantly attack an opposing forces SAP's? What I see this Int 2.0 causing is a reduction in the blob warefare as a whole. It encourages small scale pvp on an almost constant basis. A very good thing.

I can only think of one group that has the stockpiles to constantly attack enemy SAPs, I hear small gang warfare's not really their thing though sad

Definitely need some automated defensive options, or mining bots that are actually capable of holding their own in a fight. Ridiculous that miners are expected to sit *** naked in a field and die, or run alt accounts to scout the gates. That's not pvp or fun, it's irritating.

And yes I've been asking for some sort of alternative mining options that can actually be defended even when I was regularly playing in NEX and we were doing lots of mini-roams.

Apropos of nothing, I've found TF2 to be hilariously awesome and have been playing that instead. EAT HOT STEAMING DEATH FROM MY MASSIVE MACHINE GUN FOOS. And Stellar Impact's infinite war servers are also awesome, so there's that.

Bottom line, if we're expected to set up a basic functioning society out on beta we need the ability to build infrastructure that needs to be protected and infrastructure that can protect the vulnerable. Small roaming gangs are great, but without the ability to provide even a minimum level of safety other than gate scouts it's just absurd.

Crappy automated turrets that can provide some minor firepower would at least give the defenders a better chance near their own station, and being able to set up a few on a mineral field (complete with a small storage structure and a mini-highway between it and the station) for a fixed and recurring cost would do a lot more than anything else I can think of to make people happier with the game.

Jetblack wrote:

but hinders actively living in beta.

Choosing to live and work on beta has nothing to do with owning an outpost.

It has always been about controlling the island. If a corporation doesn't have enough manpower to lock down an Island for mining operations, owning an outpost isn't going to change that.

If a corporation doesn't have the manpower to control an Island, then they simply can't use it's resources, regardless of the stability level of the outpost.

The bonuses, are the 'carrot' for wanting to own the outpost, the cost for having those bonuses is being able to actively defend the outpost.

There is only 1 thing that can stop a corp from basing out of alpha and continuing to use the beta islands, and thats a more powerful corp controlling that island.

Since there are currently MORE beta islands than corporations/alliances capable of controlling them, then there will be corps that continue to live on alpha and raid beta.

And I also agree with your statement, that if a strong Raider alliance forms, they could very easily harass beta outposts to keep them all unstable.

tl;dr - The game has always been about ManPower, I 2.0 simply brings this to light. If you want something, you have to have MORE power then those trying to take it away.

Alexander wrote:

However yes, this is moving beta to a warfront rather than somewhere to live as miners will require a lot more guarding, island will be even more scouted by Arkhe alt (A problem that has needed fixing to a long time)

Well a war front is what many people want, not a nice safe place to sit and mine epi unmolested.

I've heard this complaint about Arkhe scouts and it simply perplexes me that anyone would see it as a 'problem.' Since when is it a problem to post sentries and report enemy movements? That's called teamwork and intelligence gathering. Whether in life or in game they are fundamental components to any fighting force.

If anything the game could develop alternative methods to getting on island, but that's something for the Feature Discussion and Requests thread.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Well a war front is what many people want, not a nice safe place to sit and mine epi unmolested.

I've heard this complaint about Arkhe scouts and it simply perplexes me that anyone would see it as a 'problem.' Since when is it a problem to post sentries and report enemy movements? That's called teamwork and intelligence gathering. Whether in life or in game they are fundamental components to any fighting force.

If anything the game could develop alternative methods to getting on island, but that's something for the Feature Discussion and Requests thread.

I'd like to take that a step further now, and say that if you keep your outpost above 50%, those arkhe scouts will not be able to set their home to your outpost and simply login to see what you're doing, they'll have to come through the TP's. And a single ewar light should be able to counter any number of arkhe spies coming onto the island. If your corp doesn't have (3) people online to scout your island, then it's not your island.

afaik, you wont be "booted" from an outpost if the owner locks it down for you. As long as you do not undock, you can watch the terminalchat and see who is at home.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

afaik, you wont be "booted" from an outpost if the owner locks it down for you. As long as you do not undock, you can watch the terminalchat and see who is at home.

This is pretty bad but at least they can't deploy and dock again.

There's also the actual spy, which is part of the corporation or alliance, which is already steeped in Perp tradition.

The Arkhe scouts are actually smokescreens to cover the identity of spies, plausabile deniability.

AeonThePiglet wrote:

Definitely need some automated defensive options, or mining bots that are actually capable of holding their own in a fight. Ridiculous that miners are expected to sit *** naked in a field and die, or run alt accounts to scout the gates. That's not pvp or fun, it's irritating.

And yes I've been asking for some sort of alternative mining options that can actually be defended even when I was regularly playing in NEX and we were doing lots of mini-roams.

Apropos of nothing, I've found TF2 to be hilariously awesome and have been playing that instead. EAT HOT STEAMING DEATH FROM MY MASSIVE MACHINE GUN FOOS. And Stellar Impact's infinite war servers are also awesome, so there's that.

Bottom line, if we're expected to set up a basic functioning society out on beta we need the ability to build infrastructure that needs to be protected and infrastructure that can protect the vulnerable. Small roaming gangs are great, but without the ability to provide even a minimum level of safety other than gate scouts it's just absurd.

Crappy automated turrets that can provide some minor firepower would at least give the defenders a better chance near their own station, and being able to set up a few on a mineral field (complete with a small storage structure and a mini-highway between it and the station) for a fixed and recurring cost would do a lot more than anything else I can think of to make people happier with the game.

You shouldn't need more then arkhe gate scouts since you're so busy looting our cans, right brosef? wink

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice