Topic: New player will stay for now

OHHAI,

first post on this forum for me.

I downloaded the client and started the trial on saturday night.

What can I say:

The mechanics are solid. The game is fun, if you like sandboxes. I've played Eve for years and am very familiar with a lot of the mechanics, so it's not a hard start for me.

I've done the tutorials and am still stationed at my starting base, doing missions in order to save up for an Arbalest. I think I'll head out and look for a corp once I got that point done.

First slight glimpse of a problem I might see on the horizon:

I think the game might lack a wee bit of content. I still haven't gotten into the industrial part of the game, but it doesn't seem too complicated to me and I am not entirely sure what else there is that you can do.

How's life out on the beta islands? How long does it take for new players to fulfill a viable role?

Will definitely buy a 3 months GTC, if only to support the developers who decide to give a game like this a go. smile

Re: New player will stay for now

Welcome, I think you are right in mentioning game lacks content in some areas. All I can surely say, DEVs have added loads of content since release. Check out the DEV blogs and patch note to judge for yourself new features are on the horizon for next month, mostly end game content and new PVE combat missions.

Beta islands are usually quite empty due to low player base, around 200 concurrent players in game, though the IMO the PVP mechanics are far superior to Eve's with the wasd controls, rather than point and click -> orbit -> cycle modules.

You could fill a role somewhat sooner than in Eve, but I am sure most PVP corps can get you pvping as soon as you feel ready.

RIP PERPETUUM

One more thing I noticed:

The community is incredibly polite and helpful. I am in awe about the amount of patience, kindness and positive communication that is going about.

Of course there is some bantering or 'flaming' between opponents, but everything else would be boring. A fight without smacktalk ain't a real fight in my opinion.

But it seems that everyone I've seen so far is aware that everyone here is playing a game for the sole purpose of having fun, which is something I haven't seen in a very very long time on the internets. What the *** is wrong with you people? big_smile

We want the game to succeed.  Running off new players will not only the game but will hurt every corp In the long run.  As far as you concerns with pvp most corps can use you day one.  But choice your friends wisely mate,  It's your name and rep and your stuck with it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by Syrissa 2011-11-29 15:09:08)

i can tell you for someone that is ingame for about 2 months that it is not a problem at all at beta.

of cource it will depend on what you wanna do.
there are very luctative ways even a noob with 1 week of skilling (or less) can do on beta.

if you want to kill npcs it will take a bit longer. around the time you can pilot a mech (3-4 weeks if you go straight that path) for group play. and even longer (2-3 months) if you can pilot a heavy mech for solo play.

but as i said there are other good things to do than killing npcs on beta.

finding a corp that will suit your needs schould be no problem.
there are corps for most languages on beta as well. eng, fr, ger, rus ... i dont know if there is spain ... well but you have to see...
if you need help with picking a corp that will be no problem at all. there is a forum part for that further below. you will need a subbed accout for it to post there ^^

Well, not a trial player anymore. Will open my second account tomorrow.

Oh ***, I got hooked again.

See you on the other side. o/

Welcome to perpetuum yarr

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Hehehe i started a second account last night too xD Mining without a dedicated hauler just isn't fun tongue

Welcome to Perpetuum! If you have any questions, join MORTE channel ingame wink