Topic: @Dev Zoom WTB Patch Notes!

Hurry up maaaaannnnn

Re: @Dev Zoom WTB Patch Notes!

• Change: Intrusion is now more awesome.

First!! (after patch notes)

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

we request new blogpsto

DEV Zoom wrote:

• Change: Shader Model 3.0

a month has already passed

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

make. this. game. awesome.
or i will go to play steve

YES MORE INFO PLZ! i r getting zzzzz....

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

GIEF!!!!

Alexadar wrote:

Obligatory:

UR STUFZ I CAN HAZ?????

Inappropriate signature.

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Working on it, that post was an early warning for players, not a deadline.
We got to the point where we might completely revamp the whole lighting system for the game, which is quite a huge undertaking. I'm still very heavily in research mode, but the stuff currently on the table is a more detailed terrain engine, updated water graphics (with sky reflection as anything more would be mostly overkill for Perpetuum) and moving the skybox to a realistic atmosphere model (which would involve the mentioned lighting revamp). I'm taking screenshots of the development for a lengthy blogpost later on, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Scyylla wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Obligatory:

UR STUFZ I CAN HAZ?????

MY GROFO mk2 FLEET WILL BE ONLY MY! ONLY MY!!!!!! MUHOHAHAHAHA!

DEV BoyC wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Working on it, that post was an early warning for players, not a deadline.
We got to the point where we might completely revamp the whole lighting system for the game, which is quite a huge undertaking. I'm still very heavily in research mode, but the stuff currently on the table is a more detailed terrain engine, updated water graphics (with sky reflection as anything more would be mostly overkill for Perpetuum) and moving the skybox to a realistic atmosphere model (which would involve the mentioned lighting revamp). I'm taking screenshots of the development for a lengthy blogpost later on, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Can i, and also comunity what reads this forums, know if you have plans to do:

• High-poly mechs

• Realistic weapon effects: say no to shooting roots, self-guided (no ghost) missiles, recoil effects etc

• Acceleration and deceleration effects

• Better explosion animations and sequences

• Walking effects: trails, clouds of dust after mechs etc.

• Much animated environment: animated structures, living plants etc.

• Visualization of modules like evasive module, plates, shield hardeners, better shield animation

• better behavioral animation: on locking, on shooting, on deploying etc. robot have different animation sequences on his body

• CRASH THIS ANNOYING PLANTS WITH GROFO LEGS...err...melee combos

etc.

Also comunity very wants to see some screenshots of new stuff because we are very hungry and bored.
Thank you for your work, anyway!

Most of what you listed there is heavy content work and has little to do with shader versions. Also most of these would be small, incremental updates to the existing visuals at huge development costs.

System wide changes however that don't require any of the current visual assets to be heavily modified can update the look of the game drastically without stretching our already worked to death content team even thinner. These are the kinds of changes that can benefit from the change in shader models and will result in a much bigger visual upgrade than "look there are now dustclouds when I walk".

That being said many of the things you mentioned are on our todo list as well.
Part of the content team is already working very hard on addressing the current issues in order of priority (as you've seen with the revamped Arkhe), and the rest are creating new gameplay content so that the game also evolves. With such a small team we need to prioritize tho.

14 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-11-17 01:33:04)

And most of it would be contra produktive to a game like Perpetuum as it would need so many CPU/GPU, that just 1 or 2 people could play it as long as they don't see more then 10 player at once.

Good old DAoC: "turn your cloacks off!!! they are to much lag!!"

Battlefield 3 like graphic work if you just have a limited amount of simultan players at a very limited map.
Not in games where it might be posible to have 100v100 (dream I know).

And much more:
Content >>>>>>>>>> graphic wink
Check out Minecraft *g*.

PS

[*]CRASH THIS ANNOYING PLANTS WITH GROFO LEGS...err...melee combos[/*]

Hope this is a joke ...

DEV Zoom wrote:

You make me smile. big_smile

Good to know BoyC, thanks for the update.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

DEV BoyC wrote:

Most of what you listed there is heavy content work and has little to do with shader versions. Also most of these would be small, incremental updates to the existing visuals at huge development costs.

System wide changes however that don't require any of the current visual assets to be heavily modified can update the look of the game drastically without stretching our already worked to death content team even thinner. These are the kinds of changes that can benefit from the change in shader models and will result in a much bigger visual upgrade than "look there are now dustclouds when I walk".

That being said many of the things you mentioned are on our todo list as well.
Part of the content team is already working very hard on addressing the current issues in order of priority (as you've seen with the revamped Arkhe), and the rest are creating new gameplay content so that the game also evolves. With such a small team we need to prioritize tho.

I would ordinarily be happy and content that you guys were working hard...

... if I didn't hear DEV Alf logged 30 hours of Skyrim 2 days after the game released. lol

Hows the progress with multitile model mechanics? Not trying to hurry anyone tho, just interesting smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Naismith wrote:

... if I didn't hear DEV Alf logged 30 hours of Skyrim 2 days after the game released. lol

We have a standing agreement in the office that I take a week off after Diablo 3 comes out wink
We're gamers too, you know smile

DEVVSS!!!

Look here please:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … oar-infoz/

:DDD

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

DEV BoyC wrote:
Naismith wrote:

We have a standing agreement in the office that I take a week off after Diablo 3 comes out wink
We're gamers too, you know smile

o7

Also waiting for Diablo 3 big_smile

DEV Alf is IMHO not responsible for content. Perhaps he gets some balancing ideas from skyrim (after all he can fight with multiple dragons and survive)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

23 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-17 21:32:58)

Alexadar wrote:

As difficult as it is to admit it, with the nov 29th crucible patch for steve, that game looks more and more inviting again :S

Things really need to change in P for it to have a greater pull. I really hope you guys were serious with the :awesome: part.

T.

EDIT: there's even a new word going around for the steve phenomenon of this month: debittervetting. If anyone cares smile