Topic: Remove explosion damage to rats

Currently doing beacons is a joke. You add five + beacons at the same location and shoot two or three rats to kill the entire spawn with secondary explosions. If this is working as intended its ***.

Remove explosion damage to rats and beacons become as hard (and fun) as they should be.

Re: Remove explosion damage to rats

I've found that on beta some beacons are just as hard if not harder. I'd prefer if they added longer demobs ranges to all the beacon NPCs that way you can't escape their explosion! yikes

I can tank them all day but I can't kill them when they're 80m from me else I die. tongue

Its the same problem on beta Alex, AoE explosions are effectively making killing full spawns very easy with limited firepower. Right now they are a massive NIC faucet and are widening the gap between beta and alpha corps significantly simply because of AoE explosions.

It is working as intended.

5 (edited by Sundial 2011-11-06 19:29:54)

Mark Zima wrote:

It is working as intended.

This.

Organized farming on beta is supposed to be rewarding.

You are basically luring the NPC's into a death trap.

Also, the number of beacons is limited, you have to either buy them from the market or farm them for quite some time to be able to do this.

Working as intended.

If they remove explosion damage, we will just do them all on alpha in complete safety wink

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Surprise wrote:

Its the same problem on beta Alex, AoE explosions are effectively making killing full spawns very easy with limited firepower. Right now they are a massive NIC faucet and are widening the gap between beta and alpha corps significantly simply because of AoE explosions.

Last time you played you complained that beta/alpha divide needs to be larger.
Now it's a bad thing? You can ready yourselves on alpha and then use beta to make lots of money. You also suffer more loses (Generally) on beta. tongue

Jita just didn't like all that fun we had while popping them sad

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

I dont think i've ever said that you need to make living on beta much better tha alpha. I've said frequently you need to make beta easier to live on and also frequently said that alpha needs to be able to compete. If you remember i didn't like the removal of epi from mods or the mining changes.

On topic if its working as intended the AI needs improving tbfh. *edit: Offensive. -DEV Zoom

9 (edited by Syndic 2011-11-08 14:17:15)

Beacons are fine, nothing to see here, move along. big_smile

EDIT:

Should increase number of bots spawning in beacons, and also increase number of respawns from beacons. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Surprise wrote:

*edit: Offensive. -DEV Zoom

Did your mother not give you enough love when you were younger?  Perhaps Your Dad gave you too much?

Anyway, I don't really see the problem at all, just for some reason you don't like them so everything they do is tera bad.

Death with the Heathens.  Death!!!!

I'm going with "working as intended".

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

perhaps equip and behaviour of the npcs needs a slight adjustment:

- spread out,
- do not blob.
- move away from close to dead comrades
- use shields and evasive modules instead of armor plates. armor plates are bad
- use interference mine layer (THAT would be fun!)

the possibilites of NPC equipment are not used sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear