Topic: Agent Finder of Sorts

Can We have a way to find agents with in the world?

Either through a means of EP, Rep, or possibly through the new energy credit system.

Just a thought.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Re: Agent Finder of Sorts

You mean their location?

you have a search function for agents in you menu in the top left of you perpetuum screen. that way you can search for their names, corporations ect.

if you mean that you can get the location of a player then i have to object heavily. this will be a major issue in pvp intelligence and so way too powerfull.

Syrissa wrote:

you have a search function for agents in you menu in the top left of you perpetuum screen. that way you can search for their names, corporations ect.

if you mean that you can get the location of a player then i have to object heavily. this will be a major issue in pvp intelligence and so way too powerfull.

I can clearly tell you didnt even read my original OP.

What I'm asking for is something very similar to EVE.

They have "Agents", mission agents that is aka NPC's, that would give out a players location at that given time. 
That is it. Not a continual transmission, just a burst of information, but here is the key, it HAS to be at a cost to the player.

In EVE it was merely running missions for a given faction then you could ask for said persons.
I would like something similar in Perp. Just so if we have a massive butt hurt grudge against someone we at least know where to start looking.

As for the, "this is way to powerful in PVP" argument, I disagree as in EVE its uses are very specific in nature.  This is just another way to give some more power to the player at hand, at a cost of course.  Don't over look the at cost part this time Syrissa.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Even at a cost, I would still say no.

i read your post and i know the eve system.

but because eve has it it doesnt mean its a usefull mechanic in perp.

the world of eve is way bigger than in perp. how long do you need in eve to visit evey system? how long do you need to travel from one side of the world to the other? now compare that to perp. in a fast bot you get to whereever you want within max 20 mins.

the world is too small and the players are to few. search for syndic and everybody knows where the novablob is atm...

not a good idea.

I never liked locator agents in the space drama game so I would have to say no too.

Proud member of New Eden Exiles, SQUID Alliance.

I have to say no or (-1) as well. There's absolutely no reason to implement this at the moment with the current state of the game. The islands are small, and you can pretty much pinpoint anyone in the game by knowing what corp they're in and what they usually pilot.

I must say that the number of people using this feature would be very small in absolute meaning of the word, which means that currently it's not the right time to implement it. Maybe in the future, when we get 5 more continents, each  one as big as the current sum of landmasses and 1000% more people and some decent bounty hunting system.

Br,
T.