Topic: Client stability when running multiple clients

Hey all,

First of all I understand completely if this is a low priority issue, I know the game is not really designed to be run using a large number of clients on same box. However, I would like to report that there appears to have been a change in recent patch that has effectively reduced the stability when running 6+ clients.

Prior to recent patch my machine was running 7 clients with perfect stability (i.e., no increase in system resources after 6+ hours), but now there seems to be a gradual but steady consumption of system resources. It would be really unnoticeable running 1-3 clients, but at 7 every little bit counts :-).

I am not sure what could be causing it. I have noticed that now when I am scanning for minerals the system freezes when doing the "upload and show", perhaps due to the accumulation of old scans.. but perhaps completely unrelated.

Re: Client stability when running multiple clients

This has always been in issue for some reason. Memory leaks have been plugged and created almost every patch.
To ensure stability when running multiple clients you need to run at least 2GBs of RAM per client. The client wasn't designed to be run multiple times so past 3 or 4 accounts online at once there isn't a huge amount of support.

However I'd love if they fixed the memory creep because after 3 hours I notice a difference on two clients. hmm

I AM NOT A GM™

Yeah. It really was working perfectly before.. now its definitely client-restart required every 3-4 hours. Running 12gb RAM, slightly low for 7.. but it was working nicely. ;-)

12gb is an odd amount to have but still more than I have.
If the devs cared about their game they'd at least let us know they're looking into it.

*Tumble weed*

I AM NOT A GM™

Never got around to buying the 4th 4gb memory stick. ;-) Planning on it, and the memory slippage is starting to motivate me to do it. ;-)

I know they care about the game... and I'm sure they'll look into it. I wouldn't mind a response but I'm very optimistic that they have read the msg and will check into it.

man, post like this make me with the "twitch based" component in perpetuum would be more then just running around obstacles and forced mouse target selection.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Not sure I get the connection.. :-)