Topic: Question to Devs about Beta Outposts

Devs,

Do you plan to restrict access to the beta Outposts to other than owning corporation members? Otherwise there will be no end to griefing... wink

Re: Question to Devs about Beta Outposts

No, there are too few outposts. Restricting access to them and giving the switch into player hands would create much more problems.

But doesn't having open to everyone outposts allow griefing exploits and kinda defeats the purpose of actually owning the outpost? I mean there is already not much of a reason to own the outpost other than prestige. How can making PvP more organized will create much more problems? I mean at this point enemy corp doesn't really need to take outpost away from you, they can just sit in their own and gank you at your own outpost by making it their spawn base. Arkhes are free, you die - you respawn at the same outpost, jump into free arkhe, equip free guns and bullets and continue ganking... I see little logic in this. Me hopes you devs will review this and maybe find it logical to restrict access to owning corp members until the other corp takes that outpost away from you. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

4 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-06 18:44:13)

Solution:

• Allow docking

• Disallow setting home

• Anyone set home when you capture an outpost is moved to the local or nearest terminal

The Game

We have something in mind for the homebase problem, but we can't restrict direct access to outposts in any way.

6 (edited by Chief Ubenor 2010-12-06 19:20:33)

Thats sad Zoom, since the Outposts is a main PvP thing in PO. if you say you don't have tools to restrict access in any way it means you can't restrict them from setting it as home either, thats a problem. It may not be as big of a problem now, but it will be a big one after people get tired of constant ganking at their outposts. Can you adjust starter arkhes in any way? Remove PvP functionality from starter arkhes maybe? I mean you can do SOMETHING, can't you? lol lol

Imagine a spawn point in MMO with similar griefing, and griefers having the ability to instantly respawn right where they need... lol lol. Like Zoom you kill me with your uber dev machine and I keep respawning right at your legs and bite your heels until you finally fall down crying... lol tongue (stupid smiles don't work sometimes.)

7 (edited by Neoxx 2010-12-06 19:27:27)

Access != home base setting

Access = entering the outpost

They are certainly capable of restricting home base setting depending on corp/relation to the owning corp, but cant keep someone from docking due to the current mission system.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

But will they once we have player built structures?

You will surely be able to keep other players entering a structure you have built once we have that system, but closing down outposts for 90% of the playerbase is just not feasible currently.

It's what Neoxx said, it's not that we can't, we don't want to.

I am sorry if I confused you. I am talking about not allowing them to set the outpost as their own HOME BASE so they can just keep respawning there. Just think about how wrong is the logic of this. I go to ENEMY BASE and set it as MY HOME BASE without any problems... Does it really make sense to you? hmm

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have something in mind for the homebase problem, but we can't restrict direct access to outposts in any way.

The Game