Topic: 2 idea's

1. I believe that any MK2 bot should have a 5 - 10% cpu nd reactor increase over the MK1 model, each of hte mk's twos ( at least the combat ones I have seen) have 2 extra slots to fill on the same CPU. it makes sense in my mind that if they are increaseing the ammount of items the bot can carry that the bot itself should have a SMALL bump in each area to help with said fit.

2. the alternitive to my above idea would be 2 new extensions something like " Advanced Data processing" and Advanced Reactor expansion. each of these skills could have a 1-2% increase in general just to help fill in the holes.

I did the math, and planned the fit I prefer. with all of my opti skills maxed and my data processing maxed I will have one low slot free, and be 30 cpu short ( or there abouts) to fit it. ( this is on the MK2 of course). I know I will hear a lot of people saying things like " change the fit to bleh and you will be fine" and so be it however I believe either or both of my idea's deserve a fair discussion of the pro's and cons in each.

Thank you
Doctor, Jon Zoidberg.

Re: 2 idea's

New?
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … pureactor/
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … pureactor/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

thank you for your links, however all I saw there were agents trolling back and forth not a post by a GM or DEV regarding the issue.

The discussion of more base reactor/cpu/accumulator discussion was already done with its pros and cons.

Basically it boils down to; MK II's are not tech 2. Meaning the additional slots are there to open up the potential for more fits and some additional bonuses.

Lets ask it this way:

Your fit is only 30 CPU short. I'm sure I could find a fit that was 70 CPU short, or other fits that were maybe 10 CPU short. Why would your 30 CPU fit be special and be a reason to increase the base stats?

your not going to get a GM or deve response to this type of question

the mark 2's are not t2's then what are they t1+'s?

they are a superior bot by 1% bonus to damage ( for the assults) they have two additional slots on them but they are not a T2 bot.

that argument is rediculas, it is just for epeen purposes that is rediculas. it is just so you can broaden your fits out again that makes no sense yea I can fit more stuff but it is inferior.

this bot costs 10x the prices of a normal one and I gotta fit the worst crap I can just to fill the holes...

that is like buying a Camero and asking for the chevette engine in it just because you want the look. You buy a better bot so you can be better in the field. not so you can wedge less potent stuff onto it and have a shiney paint job.

this bot costs 10x the prices of a normal one and I gotta fit the worst crap I can just to fill the holes...

Hyperbole isn't an arguement.

First- mk ii's are not 10x the price of the mk-i. Seths sell for 30M, mk ii's are not 300M. Baph mk II's are about 6M, Mk I's are not 600k.

Second - Adding in 1 more t4 tuner and another armor hardner is about as far from inferior.

You have yet to actually provide a reason to add more CPU or reactor other then the current levels being insuffcient to meet a specific fit.

Maybe you'll get this request in tomorrows patch, I've seen stranger things, but I doubt it.

Also your argument is invalid. I can say that fitting a T2 is not always as stupid as fitting a t4. Ie. weight.
I lack 80 reactor on my mk2 gropho to shield it and make it shoot at 700m, more reactor plox! lol

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Also your argument is invalid. I can say that fitting a T2 is not always as stupid as fitting a t4. Ie. weight.
I lack 80 reactor on my mk2 gropho to shield it and make it shoot at 700m, more reactor plox! lol

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

watching DaOpa doing Team mission content with a mk2 seth single handed without any issues, bathing in missiles which tier apart a regular seth in seconds...

hearing of mk2 waspishes farming sup. observer mechs

having my mk2 riveler and termis that yield way more then their mk1 variant - i do not reall know where those "they are not better" arguments comming from.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

with proper skills a mk2 has more fitting room. I have a t4 mk1 waspish with medium skills (l5-6 extensions). with l8 I can fit anything I want on an mk2...

just train up your skills more. I dont have problems fitting anything on my MK2's its just a matter of getting reactor expansion and you cpu capacity up to 10. it also helps you get economical weapon usage smile

In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.
~Bill Gates~

I see every ones points and it could be made either way.  I would not jump up and down for more fitting room for the mk2, i would be more inclined to ask for a tier up in base HP and some extra speed if I had a vote.  What is up with 1km extra speed? Give it a real boost or leave it as the T1

+5% HP/resist, +5% speed.  leave fitting room alone.

(this will pacify me until you get Nia prints that surface and new super bots that become avilable..wink...wink...)

Devs, just pm me for some ideas when you are ready... cool