Topic: Suggestion: Local Area Chat for increased immersion

I would like to suggest that a local area chat be implemented, at a zone and immediate vicinity (2k or less). In part this would be good to have when the player base expands, but for immediate purposes it would be very useful in order to add NPC effect notifications and perhaps even some NPC dialog (I'd be happy to volunteer to write a pool of dialogue messages ;-)). This is more of an RPG kind of element, but I feel it would fit in pretty well in Perpetuum particularly given the effort to create an interesting backstory. Hearing the Nians speak for themselves would be quite cool. :-)

Adding another immersive element to the PvE interaction would be a boon I feel to those starting out and to everyone who enjoys PvE.

2 (edited by Gremrod 2011-10-09 19:31:02)

Re: Suggestion: Local Area Chat for increased immersion

There have been many posts about a local chat window of some kind. Werther it be an area range chat or island wide or even broken into chat areas based on island sectors. (See map for island setor overlay).

Right now there is a General Chat and Help chat.

I would hope that when the game grows they limit the Help chat to only new plays, DEVs, GMs, and volunteers. When I say new players, I mean players that are truly new and once they have been in the game for 2 weeks at least they get removed from the Offical Help chat.

If said new players need more help they can join a player corp or join a player ran Help chat.

I feel any channels beyond the help and a local chat (whatever local chat type that may be) needs to be created by players.

The General chat has been useful. But lets face it... It has also been at times a very angry chat too and it is bad for new players to be thrown in the middle of it. Yes General chat has seen some good chats as well and also the place to put your GF (Good Fight comments) after a battle. GF can be typed into local chat.

My 2 cents

Now back to the OP reasons. I think your idea for NPC chat for more immersion is valid and I think it would be welcomed by those who look for stuff like that in the games they play.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Suggestion: Local Area Chat for increased immersion

search or die ...