Topic: Item Actutal Cost

To work out the actual manufacturing cost of an item, would one simply multiply each component of the item by the current or average market rate?  And also take into account factory and CT costs ?

I have heard that some people use a second method and break down the cost back from the Ore rate,  for better accuracy.  As Ore is always worth more than the individual components?

Percentage wise what would the difference in result between the two methods?  I currently use the first as its easy, and don’t fully understand how do do the second!

Any help/answers/methods on this would be very helpful

Thanks

Re: Item Actutal Cost

The second method takes in account, that you can refine materials into components at better rates that you could buy the same amount of components.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Im not fully sure if this makes sense against what you're asking, but I use this method myself. I have a spreadsheet with entry values for each raw material. Everytime I feel like updating my spreadsheet I check the market and plugin the averages. These values are then used in calculations to display the rates at which commodities are valued based off current raw materials. The values of commodities are then used in calculations to display the values of any module I have added to my spreadsheet.

Thus, everytime I enter in the current values of raw materials, my spreadsheet automatically recalibrates everything else to show me the typical true value of a modules cost. Of course, this does not factor in RE'ing, CT's or factory fees as those are easier to just add in once you make a run and are too dynamic with the CT's degradation. But I suppose it could be done if you wanted to punch in more numbers and be very specific.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

When I calculate actual cost of items I include everything (ore, prototype, decoding and CT degrade, selling tax etc.) and also 'cost' of hauling by Lithus (it may take several hours).

Indeed, modules cost more than just their minerals and build cost. CTs can become very expensive and get more expensive the more they're used.

Working out the real mineral cost of a item before you produce it is very difficult. hmm

I AM NOT A GM™

Well, I enjoy that it's a bit more challenging to get the true cost!

Anyone willing to share the calculations to get commodity price from material price ?

Struggling !

Thanks smile