Topic: Salvaging

Greetings,

is there something like Salvaging in Eve?

Is saw some players in the newbie Zone that done something with the killed bots (few secs after killing there was some kind of beam between the player and the killed bot).

Re: Salvaging

They were looting.

As for salvaging, I don't think so since there's no 'wreck' leftover from a killed bot. Just a loot can.

That was fast...thx for the answer.

the thing you are seeing is an electic arc between your bot and the container to "teleport" the stuff in your cargo.

Salvaging wreckage would be an awesome feature. Does anyone know if there is a plan to implement this down the road?

"What would you attempt to do if you knew that you could not fail?"

6 (edited by Bogart 2010-12-06 07:04:37)

Isnt collecting mods/parts/ for recycling/ Kernels for research/ ammo for whattever (and so on) of a freshly destroyed bot pretty much exactly what salvaging means?

not that im opposed to moar features:P

Mechs leave a noticeable wreck behind. Would be awesome to salvage that.

And no there is a difference between looting and salvaging.

I would like to be able to salvage all the arkhe kills so I can make even more profit from them.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Bogart wrote:

Isnt collecting mods/parts/ for recycling/ Kernels for research/ ammo for whattever (and so on) of a freshly destroyed bot pretty much exactly what salvaging means?

not that im opposed to moar features:P

basically, but salvaging would be done on the corpse of the dead as a way to get resources for new items.

And i'm all for variety.  when new stuff is introduced into the game, it would be great if it came with some new mechanic involved in gathering it.