Topic: Light bot reload time too high?

Hi!

I think will be good if the light bots reload time will be half than mechs because they most of time has low HP and not worth to change ammo now, so if you know what ammo is the best cant use if you in a battle.

Maybe will good lights, light ew, assaults has 5 sec main reload time.

Any ideas?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Light bot reload time too high?

There is an extension to reduce reload time.

This makes it a choice between spending EP on DPS / Defense. Choices are good.

Obviously not having to spend EP on something is more desirable, but there does exist a way to improve it now.

If the extension doesn't provide enough speed up, than that's something that could be requested.

arga - the reload extension is reducing your loading time down to 5s, at max level.

for a laser that deals it DPS due to lower cycle times then 2s, this means, your losing more then two cycles of damage, just to switch to a ammo that could deal more to that target that is shooting at you at the same time.

problem is: reload time is a robot stat, not a weapon status.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DPS is just that, damage per second. It really doesn't matter if it takes 5 seconds, if your DPS for missles is 50 and dps for lasers is 50, your giving up 250 points of damage by reloading either weapon type.

Reloading doesn't start until the cycle is complete, and they can fire immediately afterwards, so weapon cycle time isn't relevant. You just plain lose 5 seconds of dps.

What I was trying to say, is if giving up 250 damage (for instance) is too high a price to pay, then maybe the extension needs to be tweaked to give a faster reload, but it shouldn't matter which type of weapon your attempting to realod. And as OP was saying, if its bot based, maybe light bots could simply start with a faster reload if there is an imbalance in smalls and mediums.

The other obvious thing is that t4 weapons hold less ammo, and have to reload more often. Giving better reloads would need to be balance for that, that is better reload times would make T4 more powerful, and if that's not desirable from a balance perspective, the capacity of the T4 may have to be reduced to compensate for potentially faster reload.

NO...

Just no...bad idea...major ima balance issues.

EI  ASSAULTS V LIGHTS

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Annihilator wrote:

problem is: reload time is a robot stat, not a weapon status.

exactly this ... I have wondered why I have reload time as robot stat and not a weapon stat.

this could even make weapon tiers more interesting as it is now. also there could be weapon tunings that change critical hit chance for reload time reduction ...

I think light bots have had enough buffs.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice