1 (edited by Zorga 2011-09-11 11:19:27)

Topic: The Darkened Core

The Darken Core could satisfy some with its depressing appeal and may give unchallengeable excuse that some planets are unmistakably relevant, so must we assume else and cant we just accept the way it is...
...Perhaps not, in this time and place, since this is our world and we choose what we see and how we extend our appeal in what direction, and certainly that direction does not have to be limited by its primary image of the cold, brutal, emotionless and death seeking icon of the game, the robot or whatever you might define it as.

Perhaps the other reason, may just be to shadow the surface and work the magic on reducing any  pressure on the server or whatever, if the reason to be so.

My main reason to seek adjustment to the surface is the strain on the eyes if your a full time harvester.
Not only the darkened surface but the 50% of time its night and is ridiculously impossible to see your way around, unlike for fighters... the targets and their definitions are baby fed to the player, providing all the details needed to identify where , who, and how many of  their target(s) there are.
Which in my opinion is unfortunately unfair and unthoughtful.
It is a real health concern for your vision in my honest opinion.

Edit: If for some reason some folks may find an argument reasonable by saying that machines are traceable by the computer and plants are not...
Then i have to say, that the computer your speaking of is of a drastically outdated release and does not by far relate to the game feature were all playing, and please pinch me if we can not beat the prehistoric bio generated sensor owned by the very pet we own, like the dogs sense of smell and ability to identify the very early lung cancer which our very best technology cant, and cats whiskers that pick up vibrations, shapes and distances.
I would imagine if we are working our imagination correctly, lol, we can build a sensor for crying our loud 8D

Please fix, ty
o/

Re: The Darkened Core

Are you asking for plants to be on the landmarks?

I think that wouldn't be a bad idea if it was like 100-200m, possible only with an "industrial scanner" (renamed geoscanner with this little bonus or a new mod althogether)

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

ok, the first post was so complicated written that i do not reallly understand what it is about.

three very helpfull answers *sarcasm*

ok, my 2 cents on that matter:

1. night is not dark enough imho and missing shadows for contrast.
2. im still for differen views / overlays for different tasks. imagine it like predator visor which can switch between 4 types of spectrums (IR for human hunt, EM for Aliens...)

in perp, combat overlay would be the current "additional icons" which renders all those little icons on your view for robots in range.
mining overlay is the geoscan overlay thats already in
harvesting overlay could "outline" harvestable plants on screen, geoscan ammo for the three harvestable plants could display them on map.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

in perp, combat overlay would be the current "additional icons" which renders all those little icons on your view for robots in range.
mining overlay is the geoscan overlay thats already in
harvesting overlay could "outline" harvestable plants on screen, geoscan ammo for the three harvestable plants could display them on map.

Three good ideas.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Zorga wrote:
0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

What kinda of drugs are you on?

lol, the Red Pill? big_smile

Its just really hard on the eyes , Ive tried adjusting the display settings, still cant help, the night cycle hurts it all the most, if it was removed then its manageable without any scanner.

RED PILL!!!!!!

You better seek medical attention quickly~~~!!!

I did, they lost hope in me! roll

Zorga wrote:

Its just really hard on the eyes , Ive tried adjusting the display settings, still cant help, the night cycle hurts it all the most, if it was removed then its manageable without any scanner.

hmm, really, i wonder if theres something wrong with your screen or setting. even on my old CRT (near-death) i always complained that the nights are to bright...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Zorga wrote:

hmm, really, i wonder if theres something wrong with your screen or setting. even on my old CRT (near-death) i always complained that the nights are to bright...

It could be his eyes...you should head down to your local Wal-Mart and pick a new set up.

ASAP

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Adjust your gamma to lighten screen

But Z brings up an interesting new profession, Landscaper.

Using terraforming to introduce shubbery and flowers to brighten up the gloomy landscape.

All the military applications aside, I think a nice garden would make beta a more inviting place!

yeah, i would like to plant some chrysanths around each beta teleporter.

Arga wrote:

But Z brings up an interesting new profession, Landscaper.

Using terraforming to introduce shubbery and flowers to brighten up the gloomy landscape.

All the military applications aside, I think a nice garden would make beta a more inviting place!

yes, there's nothing that compares to helioptris glow at night (except the night sky).