Topic: If you really want to help beginners.

Increase twice masking for arganos.

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...

2 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-02 06:10:32)

Re: If you really want to help beginners.

Hunter wrote:

Also make ore spawns randoms so people cannot just go to all the known epi spots and actually make geoscanning useful.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Just make the invisiblamable....oh and add in some red racing stripes too.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Sundial wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Also make ore spawns randoms so people cannot just go to all the known epi spots and actually make geoscanning useful.

yep.

5 (edited by Alexander 2011-09-02 06:48:01)

All mining locations should be random but working out the finer details is hard. I posted a suggestion on how to do it a while ago but if you're not careful you end up with a island covered by tiles that have 20 to 30 cycles each tile.

Masking and detection of indy robots could do with a rebalance but then we're talking about ninja mining epriton and that's easy enough as it is. One termis full of Epriton more than covers the build cost of a new termis and its fittings (If kept T1).

These ideas are good but I can tell they're coming from a place of ninja mining..

Alexander wrote:

All mining locations should be random but working out the finer details is hard. I posted a suggestion on how to do it a while ago but if you're not careful you end up with a island covered by tiles that have 20 to 30 cycles each tile.

Masking and detection of indy robots could do with a rebalance but then we're talking about ninja mining epriton and that's easy enough as it is. One termis full of Epriton more than covers the build cost of a new termis and its fittings (If kept T1).

These ideas are good but I can tell they're coming from a place of ninja mining..

ninja roamings is better?

if you really want o help out new players remove the Navigation skill and move the base movement speed to what it would be at Nav 10 for all the bots.

Alty McAlty wrote:

if you really want o help out new players remove the Navigation skill and move the base movement speed to what it would be at Nav 10 for all the bots.

that its so true.

Alty McAlty wrote:

This should go to another thread but it's a valid point. Speed is important but taking away a older players feeling of being further advanced might not be the smartest thing. Everyone can use a T4 lwf..

Alty McAlty wrote:

I'm afraid this will never happen.

moving ore deposits wont help new player directly -> they have to find them first then, which needs time.

moving ore deposits are also in the works already (if you noticed, the main reason for them beeing static gets removed with every "new mission"-patch) When all lvl1-6 mining missions are revemped, they can start the random-algorithm.

i agree that the arganos, and basicly every industrials masking values are FAIL regarding their frail nature, and the way masking modules work, equipping one wont help there.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Hunter wrote:
Alty McAlty wrote:

I'm afraid this will never happen.

Never say never. But right now making changes for new players also effect older players. If it's more profitable to kill light robots on mass then people will do that.

Industrials should get a masking bonus or an extension for it as an option for those wishing to be sneaky. One Argano full of Epriton will cover the costs of another 4 fully fitted (At build cost).

If you want to balance NPC spawns increase the plasma dropped and make them spawn slower so that newer players have a chance to complete and profit while older players would move to faster spawning locations.

Lets hope the indy bots get some love when they split up the assaults in to new grouping speedy/tanky/and stealthy.... Maybe the indy bots will get a few stealthy assaults to breach the gap between Gano->termis and Laird->Gargy and throw in a small stealthy hauler like a 25U speedy/stealthy bullet.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Racing stripes on argano and larid bots would be a fantastic idea.  As well, a smaller and faster that sequer hauler would be nice, but so would cargo pod equipment for existing light bots.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:

Racing stripes on argano and larid bots would be a fantastic idea.  As well, a smaller and faster that sequer hauler would be nice, but so would cargo pod equipment for existing light bots.

Yeah, I want a Sequer with a VTEC sticker.

WTB Stealthy industrial bots.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Dude everyone knows red uns go faster. But yes a blockade runner style hauler would be nice for those regular resupply runs into beta. My sequer alt is a total fatty, I need something faster!