Topic: So...Whos idea was it.

Who's grand idea was it to make all the gate scouts, OP scouts and every other mother, brother ,wife ,sons and 2nd cousin completely immune at the internal and external gates.

Dev's you keep giving more and more advantages to everything that attacks a beta island...why in the hell would anyone even want to live on a beta island.

As it is right now, all a attacker needs to do is just get a trial account Arkhe to a beta OP/Island they wish to camp, set as home base, and BAM, INSTA WTF we know exactly what your doing all the time.

All of this talk of, "we need more people on beta's, we need more pvp, more people to kill", and the DEV teams go and completely sabotages all the workings of defending a island. 

Give the beta users the tools at least to defend themselves, as after all, they ARE the ones actually taking risks in the game. Not to mention when you give beta users the tools, it will get more alpha users out to the betas...as they can actually USE the betas to the fullest.

At least give beta users a chance, a chance, to kill external scouts and a chance to kill OP scouts, better yet, just make it so if you don't own the corp or have blue standings you cant set your home at the station.  Sure you can still run a Arkhe there...but its a one time scout, not this unlimited information for all.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I'm willing to do give you millions of chances Dev's, but there is a major limit to something that seems so elementary.  I would suggest you start looking that this problem from the eyes of the beta user and not from the people who wish the see the beta user fail.
This isn't something that needs to be fixed in two months...this is a "now" issue that greatly effects pvp.

My thoughts cool

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Re: So...Whos idea was it.

QQQ. Realy?

I laughed hard smile))) cause it's all true smile)))

+1

Sounds like it is promoting pvp and you are crying like a *** about it

but maybe you live in an alternate universe where this is being transmitted and it actually discourages pvp in which case I apologize.

thinkin you are dumb though

Oh noez it stings the asterisk-corp-man went with the pvp argument :shocker: and insult :gasps:

Triglav wrote:

Oh noez the guy who willingly left CIR on good terms giving his objective view points about pvp

Fixt 4 u

check yoself fost you wreck yoself uninformed cronie #7832675

I don't remember it being on good terms big_smile
So people whined that we had killable scouts on the gates, now it's all right because everyone has unkillable ones? big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

who's idea was it?... hmm, dunno, but smells like an awesome Dev mancs moment.

I guess the intrusion 2.0 will deal with the alt spy at outpost thing. 

But making everyone completly immune on the internals just sounds to me like the dev's havnt thought it through properly and didnt realise this effect.

Not that any of it really matters, with so few people playing now and with my standings grinding being wiped I dont think there is much motivation to play atm.

Snowman wrote:

who's idea was it?... hmm, dunno, but smells like an awesome Dev mancs moment.

I guess the intrusion 2.0 will deal with the alt spy at outpost thing. 

But making everyone completly immune on the internals just sounds to me like the dev's havnt thought it through properly and didnt realise this effect.

Not that any of it really matters, with so few people playing now and with my standings grinding being wiped I dont think there is much motivation to play atm.

Your stuff?

Jelan wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Your stuff?

I dont have stuff, it all belongs to the empire tongue

Goblin wrote:

but maybe you live in an alternate universe where this is being transmitted and it actually discourages pvp in which case I apologize.

thinkin you are dumb though

Don't disrespect asterisk corp.

This thread has a delicious ability to create arguments.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Agreed, TP's are now more safe than an outpost because you can become safe even while flagged at internals. This really needs to be reverted, or fixed in some fashion.

I'm not sure I'm following here. There's a syndicate protection timer now on Internal TP's on beta?

The ability to jump tagged is fine, you shouldn't be penalized for fighting back.

There shouldn't be syndicate protection on internal TP's, there's no need for that. There should be a destabilized timer though. Using the internal TP's to escape should be a viable tactic.

The protection timer on the external TP's is fine. I can understand why it's frustrating, but alot of things that happen in PVP are frustrating.

I think they should just drop the protection altogether on beta. Reduce destab period to 15-20 seconds.The whole jumping thing from tp to tp is annoyingly long and it's even more annoying when someone can sit there and not be touched, on beta. Allow jumping while flagged only between beta tp's and not from beta to alpha. It sucks like hell when you flag and have to stay on the island you flagged on. I dont think people should be able to just run off to safety, but being able to jump to another beta isn't exactly safe either, it just gives attackers more options. Unless you're speed fit and even while speed fit at times, being flagged and basically trapped while god knows what sort of gank squad is coming to your last known location blows. Right now PvP revolves around flags, timers, docking and tp's waaaay too much. It makes PvP feel too mechanical and not as fluid as it should be.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Grim Faust wrote:

I dont think people should be able to just run off to safety, but being able to jump to another beta isn't exactly safe either, it just gives attackers more options.

One of the most frustrating things I found when we were defending Hydel was 'chasing' the island roams around. But, I also think that 'forcing' players to fight simply because they had the audacity to come to "OUR" island misses the point that no one really owns any Island. Even with the new changes, you'll own the outpost (by setting access) but you still don't own the Island.

The way to get PVP to happen is to get people Moving around.

Another misconception I see in this thread is the idea that they can "Defend" the whole Island; which related directly to this false concept of "ownership" implied by having your name on an outpost.

Making it more difficult to enter or leave the Island (NOT talking about internal TP's here) is a social Intimidation Tool designed to Stop roamer from even visitingi the island, which is the exact Opposite of getting players moving around.

Being able to jump PVP flagged is going to frustrate defenders, but I would agree to make it so you can't TP while In combat. That will stop someone from jumping in, targeting the gate guard, trying to alpha kill them, then jumping back out (repping) and repeating the process.

Right now PvP revolves around flags, timers, docking and tp's waaaay too much. It makes PvP feel too mechanical and not as fluid as it should be.

So remove as many of those mechanics as possible, like jumping flagged.

Yeah, jumping in to alpha someone at a gate would be cheap. Maybe have a short term combat timer and long term. Both enabled when you attacked. The short term would be to prevent people from alpha'ing and then jumping and then jumping back in. The long term would prevent people from flagging and running off to alpha.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Duplicate thread. Closed.