Topic: Add stratagy to fighting ERP Tanks.

At the moment, a very popular fit in some pvp is lots of armor rep tunings, ERP (Usully Kinetic), and 1 or 2 reps, this gives people an insane tank as it requires a hefty amount of dps to take down, of which is usaully not feasable in small between 3-8 person engagements, (yes i know the ictus is a very good counter to these kind of things but it shouldn't be "required" to fight people with this fitting.)

Therefore i propose removal of the secondary damage type energy gains from the ERP, Thermal and seismic for Kinetic etc, even increase the gain from the primary if you want.

This means that we can have some kind of stratagy and communication when fighting thse builds, for example:

- Someone fits a chassis scanner "hey this guys got a kinetic ERP tank, no kains/arb/etc shoot him"

I think this would promote diversity between faction bots, as well as promote usage of single damage type faction ammo, for example, using UDC slugs when fighting seismic/thermal ERP tanks instead of Chemoactive because you will be giving energy from the chemical damage part, Same with Volcano/Crypto and Heat-ix for seismic/kinetic and kinetic/thermal ERPs respectivly.

I write this as a player and not as a member of M2S, so don't bring that into this.

Thank you for reading.

If anyone else has any ideas related to this, feel free to post them here.

Re: Add stratagy to fighting ERP Tanks.

Today patch changes alots in balance, ERP tanks aswell. Let's see if they are still have the same power.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Yeah, some of this stuff may be a little out of date, now, we shall see.

Yeah, we're still gonna test it and see how it works.

Now after the patch, ERP rep tanking is dead as all rep tanking is dead due to the massive nerf to the rep tunings.

The ERP modules are still incredibly powerful though as they will still give up to 100+ AP/sec.  It's just that there is nothing in the game currently that you can use that much AP for anymore and will just be a waste.

The ONLY item that should have been nerfed was ERP modules, the rep tunings should have been left alone.  Even now ERP is way overpowered and as Karism suggested a good way to bring them down to being balanced is to only have them work on one damage type, and then only at 60% max for a t4 module.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC