Topic: Disconnect following patch

I normally multibox a few accounts. Since the patch one of my accounts keeps disconnecting while in combat. It goes back to the login screen and there is a reconnecting bar moving along. I cancel that, hit reconnect and the login box appears again. Its always the same account and the others stood next to it are unaffected.

Re: Disconnect following patch

This seems to come up when they fiddle with net code.
Running two clients on one computer seems to cause the other to DC. Doesn't effect everyone but it's always just after patches and seem to "Get better" after another patch.

Devs, who fiddled with the netcode?

Can you tie it to an event, like using a module or something like that?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Not that I can think of, the last time it happened a client on the second screen was the active window on my computer and I saw this character get the DC so I definately didnt press any buttons that time. The launchers and hardener are running on auto, if they ever stop i hit space bar to fire again.

just happened again, was during reloading.

had this happen to 1 miner when it was reloading charges, other miner was OK, but it just happened once last night; reloaded many times without incident.

and again....this time while double clicking a new target on landmarks sad

i just got this to happen as well. i'm also running two clients at the same time. all i was doing was selecting and shooting drones.

I've had the same problem multiple times since patch. Getting randomly disconnected, about once per hour, mostly during combat.
Just lost a fully equipped artemis to that while engaging a npc mech. This needs to be resolved fast, as this game does not treat disconnected people very well...
And I don't have multiple accounts, so it does not seem to have anything to do with that, might just increase the probability.

There appears to be a disconnection issue around these new NPC spawns for a start.
Just hanging out by one is causing weird DC's.
It doesn't help that there are still people pulling their power cables just before they die to get their robot reimbursed. It's probably really messing up the data.

The spawns I have experienced this on are the same old spawns as always. I think the only other mobs on my overview are drones too.

It happened again last night, think i was just typing while in combat that time. I am not noticing anything in particular or common between the events that could be triggering it other than it only has happened while in combat.

I've had it again last night while driving on a highway (route hakkabor-asintec alpha). I was not in combat and no mobs were nearby. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything except driving.

Uh. I just had the same disconnect again, now near Shinjalar (Tamerlane 2 quest zone), right after the random mob spawn got patched in nearby...didn't die though, not sure why, was running from 3 mobs when I got disconnected - maybe there is a protection against dying from NPCs while disconnected now? I should definitely have been dead there without continuing to run.

I hear they're working on a fix for the DCs but that was just according to IRC messages.
Possibly they found something in the logs?
Would be nice to get a server Dev to confirm they're looking into the DC bug?

Just had a DC in combat again. When i tried to log back in I was stuck on a black screen and had to X the client. I saw this character vanish from the terrain on my alt and then was able to log back in.

Took long enough that I nearly lost my support sad

Tiny Tim wrote:

Just had a DC in combat again. When i tried to log back in I was stuck on a black screen and had to X the client. I saw this character vanish from the terrain on my alt and then was able to log back in.

Took long enough that I nearly lost my support sad

You're lucky. According to my support email I've broken my character being able to deploy because I DC'd. Hopefully this issue will be patched soon!

Devs, any news? I'd love to play.. D:

We've found a bug related to the issue, the fix will be deployed in the coming days.
The disconnects have nothing to do with any kind of spawns...

DEV Crm wrote:

We've found a bug related to the issue, the fix will be deployed in the coming days.
The disconnects have nothing to do with any kind of spawns...

YAY!

Also.. YAAAAAAAAAY! The fix might not resolve it completely but if it makes something better I am happy. big_smile

Still getting this problem. Not getting black screen when i login now though which is better.

The disconnect is still happening but re-logging is at least now possible.