Topic: LOCAL CHAT?!?!

This game really needs a local chat. Why am I playing a game online if I can't talk to the guy next to me? Please tell me it's coming soon.

Re: LOCAL CHAT?!?!

If it were possible to create a local channel which would not in any way report to your client who is near you (even if you hacked the client - because people will), then it might be doable.

EVE has had the Local or No Local battle for years.  Local is abused in EVE because it contains a list of players.  Even worse, it provides a place for scammers to easily hawk their wares, rather than selling them legitimately through the market.

Bocephus wrote:

This game really needs a local chat. Why am I playing a game online if I can't talk to the guy next to me? Please tell me it's coming soon.

You can talk to the person next to you just fine without a "local" channel.  There are even multiple options. PM, general chat, etc.

It's not needed at all for the reason your citing, and the other reasons there are, aren't good ones.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … bble-chat/

please continue already existing topics.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.