Topic: I bought 15 epi for 120 million nic.

So I was kinda tired, a bit distracted. I made a buy order earlier for epi. I  wanted 8 million units at 15 nic each, so I made my buy order.

Several hours later I checked my order, it was gone. But only 15 units of epi in my hangar. I quickly figured out that I had mixed up the price and quantity, resulting in a royal *** up.

This highights an issue imo - The market should warn you if you're about to buy or sell something that is massively outside its average price range. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, especially if they're tired.

2 (edited by Gremrod 2011-08-18 01:42:39)

Re: I bought 15 epi for 120 million nic.

While I think it would be good to see avg buy and sell order information when quick selling an item.

I don't think it would be good for them to dumb down the market by spoon feeding you information when you are placing buy orders.

Not saying your dumb for wanting the information.

Trust me ppl mess up like this all the time in stEVE no different here.

This is just my 2 cents is all.

Edit: Forgot to say "ouch!" sorry man that sux!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

ouch...

Indeed an owie. I know eve had a warning for stuff like this if im remembering right. 

tbh ive almost done the same thing awake and sober.

In the meantime you can think of it as an accidental wealth redistribution. -.-

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Winter Solstice wrote:

Indeed an owie. I know eve had a warning for stuff like this if im remembering right. 

tbh ive almost done the same thing awake and sober.

In the meantime you can think of it as an accidental wealth redistribution. -.-

Really when you think about it they don't have a waring like this at all in eve. They pop up a box and say "Hey, you want to buy only 15 of those items? Are you sure?".

Never seen anything like that in eve. But you do get some regional avg information in red or green text.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

6 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-18 05:03:57)

thats what I must be thinking of - the regional buy average warning.  It's all so hazy now, tbh. wink

edit: ... actualy now im remembering someone who 'added a zero' (or tried to scam who knows) someone in eve by overpricing a sell order on a ship, or they were trying to do something.. then instead of cancelling, tried to buy their own sell order back, but ofc the broker sold them the cheapest ship, but at the price he was willing to pay.. can't remember exactly the story now.. either way the market is a cruel mistress except for, yeah?

Warning: this is (some %) over the regional average - when purchasing from a Sell order.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Winter Solstice wrote:

thats what I must be thinking of - the regional buy average warning.  It's all so hazy now, tbh. wink

edit: ... actualy now im remembering someone who 'added a zero' (or tried to scam who knows) someone in eve by overpricing a sell order on a ship, or they were trying to do something.. then instead of cancelling, tried to buy their own sell order back, but ofc the broker sold them the cheapest ship, but at the price he was willing to pay.. can't remember exactly the story now.. either way the market is a cruel mistress except for, yeah?

Warning: this is (some %) over the regional average - when purchasing from a Sell order.

that's a known "design" flaw of the EVE market .... luckily it is not implementes in PO :-)

May i interest you in our 3m/1trit special offer, kind sir?

I wonder who the lucky person was.

I think eve DOES warn you actually.

In the first place it makes the price green if its above market and red if its below,  and if its more than double in each direction it gives a pop-up.

But this is just a luxury feature, I think a whole expansion could be dedicated to market improvments lol:cool:

Purgatory wrote:

I wonder who the lucky person was.

and you will never know with the current systems, giving him anonymity which means you are SOL.

I would have sold it to you for half that

Even if stEvE does prompt you (have been working hard at purging my self of that habit so cant remember) it will only do it at most for regional average. Currently being able to check all orders available in perp and having also prompting to tell you will only flatten market values much quicker and leave even less variation.

So while protecting me from DERP market transactions would be nice until the market is given more variation and uncertainty we need to at least leave a little option for variation.

no ouch, but my first thought:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

but then, the market actually should have a mechanic already to prevent such events. seems its only active for robots because of insurance.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

EVE does indeed have a warning when your price is drastically different from other offers in the region

I've made this mistake before as well, luckily I'm usually awake enough to realise.

It's simply an issue of the fields for amount and price are in reverse order to how a person would normally expect them to be, so mistakes get made.

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Only 200m nic! Deal of a lifetime!

Sorry had to. I'm sure there's some lucky guy out there happy as a lark though.

Well, did we learn anything from this?

Smokeyii wrote:

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Only 200m nic! Deal of a lifetime!

i are insterest in buy ur arizone 200m nic beach huose...sell u 1 arga ceo + 10 arkhes for this haggle dealin g

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

HAHA ! big_smile

Wow, wish I had been watching the epriton market around that time. Someone just made a hell of a profitable return.